What shocks

Jaime

Hello,

I have an 02 wj 4x4 I6. I’m looking for some front shocks for now and later for the rear. Looking some that are not so stiff. It’s mostly a DD with occasional trips to the lake for some fishing. What brad do you guys suggest that won’t brake the bank?

Thanks!

I have Bilstien 5100 on an XJ, a bit stiff for road use to me. I also have KYB Monomax on another XJ, a bit less stiff than Bil 5100s. Still, stiff though. I did have some KYB silver shocks (stock) on a stock XJ. A bit stiffer than stock, but controller that XJ well. I think I had TJ take offs on the rear of that one. I might look at Bilstein 4300 or Doetsch-Tech.  I haven't used them though. 

Just go to your preferred parts store and get whatever they sell as OE replacements? Monroe's usually reasonable quality. 
If your rear springs are sagged you'll be pegging your bump stops all the time and your ride will be $#!& no matter what shocks you're running.

1 hour ago, Jaime said:

It’s stock no lift or bigger tries. I was looking at the Blistein 4600. At my Autozone for around 90 bucks. I prefer a smother ride since I really don’t wheel it. What do you think?

Great shocks. For parts you can reach out to a guy named Kolak. He's a vendor over on Jeepforum and a WJ guru. kolak@aol.com, his first name is Nick. He can get you the best the prices for parts and help guide you on some options as well. I've gone through him for most all my WJ parts. 

10 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

Just go to your preferred parts store and get whatever they sell as OE replacements? Monroe's usually reasonable quality. 
If your rear springs are sagged you'll be pegging your bump stops all the time and your ride will be $#!& no matter what shocks you're running.

You can find Monroe Load Levelers that fit the Comanche, but they won't be listed for it. The reason is that (obviously) they change the spring rate, and that changes the way the height-sensing brake proportioning valve works. Monroe doesn't want to make themselves liable if the end user doesn't take that into account.

3 hours ago, Jaime said:

Thanks everyone. From what I read bilsteing 4600 is what I’m going with, unless someone can suggest some that will give me a smoother ride. 
thanks again. 

I love Bilstein on both Jeeps I have them on.