Project “Tomahawk”

1 minute ago, Limeyjeeper said:

No, the adapter fits flush with the body of the Comanche and contours really well. I will get you a side view this weekend when I get back home.

20200215_155703.jpg.89dd3dafb49945b9b1329738c438abc9.jpg

20200215_160546.jpg.6f91989ae068cb96e0b11f79c8a1165c.jpg

Good to know. So it sounds like the f150 brake light should fit against the body in my application so long as I open up the appropriate holes for it. Here is what I’m thinking of running: https://www.morimotohid.com/Ford-F-150-15-Morimoto-X3B-LED-Brake-Light?quantity=1

IMG_2801.jpeg

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BORA custom wheel adapters just came in. Super awesome product. They offer lifetime warranty and inscribe your invoice number into the back of each unit. The rears are only 19mm thick and the fronts are 27mm thick. There are custom made for this Jeep with the JT M14 lug studs and the specific KJ (71.50mm) and JT wheel (71.54mm) hub bore. These are both hub and lug centric for a smooth solid ride. 

IMG_2802.jpeg

I think we should start a thread with all the known electrical connectors and part numbers as they can be tricky to find. I’ve been tracking down everything I can find and the one that stumped me was the power mirror switch connector. It, along with various other electrical parts were made in Japan and don’t use the standard Delphi/Aptiv/TE connectors. Fortunately I had a connection from working on Japanese watercraft that came through and found this most obscure of connectors. It is a Yazaki PA series with .120 pins. This is the 7 position connector that connects to the board connector for the mirror switch. 

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

20 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I think we should start a thread with all the known electrical connectors and part numbers as they can be tricky to find. I’ve been tracking down everything I can find and the one that stumped me was the power mirror switch connector. It, along with various other electrical parts were made in Japan and don’t use the standard Delphi/Aptiv/TE connectors. Fortunately I had a connection from working on Japanese watercraft that came through and found this most obscure of connectors. It is a Yazaki PA series with .120 pins. This is the 7 position connector that connects to the board connector for the mirror switch. 

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

If you need to dig through a jeep with all the options for researching, head on over. My 1987 Waggy Limited has literally every option it could have had, cruise, PW, PM, PL, Auto, AWD, Fogs, etc...also have a sunroof jeep here too.

18 minutes ago, Comanche SS said:

If you need to dig through a jeep with all the options for researching, head on over. My 1987 Waggy Limited has literally every option it could have had, cruise, PW, PM, PL, Auto, AWD, etc...also have a sunroof jeep here too.

Thats great to know! I'll have to get by there before I take off again. As you come across different connectors, would you mind taking a picture of them so we can ID them? 

Just now, ghetdjc320 said:

Thats great to know! I'll have to get by there before is take off again. As you come across different connectors, would you mind taking a picture of them so we can ID them? 

Sure can, April it is planned to get the entire interior stripped out of it for that phase of restoration, would be a good time to. I am a fish out of water ID'ing them, but I can post them up in a Tech forum for the experts here.

7 minutes ago, Comanche SS said:

Sure can, April it is planned to get the entire interior stripped out of it for that phase of restoration, would be a good time to. I am a fish out of water ID'ing them, but I can post them up in a Tech forum for the experts here.

Post them up in that thread I started if you don’t mind and we should be able to get them ID’d. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 9:04 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

Just as a quick note: I harvested all the connectors from my stock 90 dash, chasis and engine harness. I have them all bagged and will take pictures of them all in detail at some point and add information regarding each one along with the source hopefully.