Access to an older SJ or XJ

eaglescout526

Anyone have junkyard access to one? With AMC being gone for me I can’t go get some older stuff that’s hard to find. 

Needs to be a 80-86 SJ or a 84-86 XJ. 

Anyways, what I’m after is some of the older Pack-con connectors. More particular a 7 slot connector, but I’ll take any of them really.  I know I could upgrade but I’m gonna be really particular with Chunk and how close I am gonna stay to 84 correct. If there’s nothing around anyone for those years then I’ll upgrade but for now I would like to see what’s out and around. 

day late, dollar short.  the 'yard I got these last 2 beds in Alabama from had a few G-waggys in it buried in the weeds out in the back, but I have no idea what years they were.  :(  nor do I know when I can get back there. 

I should say where they are at lol. There’s only two spots where that connector can be found on the XJ.  Passenger side of a fully powered door XJ behind the kick panel and the front headlamp harness behind the passenger side light. 

I do not know where they can be found on the SJ

13 minutes ago, Minuit said:

Old GM vehicles would have these as well.

I’ve been doing some digging on those too. I think the problem with these connectors not being remade is they are rebuildable which is a smart idea but bad if one melts or breaks completely. 

Oh man, there's an 87 near me that is pretty low trim, so it'll only have the ones on the headlight harness. I'll go tomorrow when I get paid. Could you take a picture of where it'll be, just in case? 

It also has the black AMC interior.

It was across that '89 that had the renix cluster from last time. Hopefully it's not gone right by the time I get there again 

33 minutes ago, AdroitKirby said:

Oh man, there's an 87 near me that is pretty low trim, so it'll only have the ones on the headlight harness. I'll go tomorrow when I get paid. Could you take a picture of where it'll be, just in case? 

It also has the black AMC interior.

It was across that '89 that had the renix cluster from last time. Hopefully it's not gone right by the time I get there again 

I will get a pic this evening. It’s over on the passenger side tucked behind the battery. But I imagine by the 87 model year the connector for the headlamps changed.

So....curiosity got the best of me and I decided to peruse my NOS wiring harnesses I got a while back and to my surprise I had a harness that had the connector I was after. Actually two harnesses lol. Now I don't want to call the search off just because I found one, I don't want to leave a harness without a connector. So woohoo! And the terminals came in today so I plan to hopefully have the headlamp harness functional again. @Dzimm. How possible would it be to replicate these connectors?

38 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

So....curiosity got the best of me and I decided to peruse my NOS wiring harnesses I got a while back and to my surprise I had a harness that had the connector I was after. Actually two harnesses lol. Now I don't want to call the search off just because I found one, I don't want to leave a harness without a connector. So woohoo! And the terminals came in today so I plan to hopefully have the headlamp harness functional again. @Dzimm. How possible would it be to replicate these connectors?

If I had one I could certainly take a stab at it.  Really any connector should be possible as long as every wall of it is at least 1/2mm wide I could probably get a good print.

58 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Excellent. I shall see if I can conjure up another set and maybe see what other ones aren’t produced to get reproduced. 

Sounds good, let me know what you come up with.