got T-boned last night

mjeff87

Not in the MJ, but in my DD (Kia Spectra). I'm a bit banged up, but the car is totaled.......I'll post some pics a bit later on this morning after the camera battery recharges.

Worst part about it was I was on my way home from the grocery store where I just bought a case of beer, and had it sitting upright on the passenger seat. When I got hit, that case became airborne (stopped it with my head) and split open, beer cans went everywhere and a couple exploded showering the whole interior, and me, with beer. I had to do a field sobriety test right on the shoulder of the road with about 3000 rubberneckers, and had to submit to a BAC test after I passed all of them because the cop didn't believe I wasn't drinking

And I got a ticket for "failure to yeild". Not sure what the other driver got charged with, if anything :roll:

Jeff

ridenlow, PM me.....I need a cheap econobox DD......

here's a couple pics of the Kia (R.I.P. :cry: ) I got T-boned dead center on the passenger side, which spun me around into another car sitting at the intersection waiting to make a turn.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The sad part of it all is that I was on the way home from the driveshaft shop with a brand new DS for the MJ (lengthened 3/4", new yokes, and 3" tube). I had to crawl under the MJ this morning and put it in so I'd have something to drive..

Image Not Found

The sad part of it all is that I was on the way home from the driveshaft shop with a brand new DS for the MJ (lengthened 3/4", new yokes, and 3" tube). I had to crawl under the MJ this morning and put it in so I'd have something to drive..

thats the sad part $#!& i would say that the good part now you can drive the MJ jamminz.gif

Sorry about the car and glad to here that you ok

If you define driveable as "it moves under it's own power", then yes :D Actually, I'm quite impressed with how it stood up.....that was a direct t-bone and she was going about 35 mph. The driverside damage happened when I spun around and clamped the BMW sitting at the intersection :oops: Other than the body damage, one of the belts on the engine is squealing (I'm afraid to open the hood for fear it won't close again), and it's not leaking a drop of anything. The only major issue is the driverside rear wheel.....the spindle mount got bent up, and it's off camber (but it still rolls LOL) I don't think the local boys-in-blue would like to see me driving it down the road, though.

Jeff

p.s....Pete, 90,000 comedians in this country, and you can't find a job?:D:D:D

Car looks fine to me. :dunno: Although in my area I see cars like that on the road all the time. Might want to get the alignment checked though. :D

Yes, kind of like Columbus, Ohio :eek: That is what most cars on the south side look like, just missing the plastic / duct tape windows :D

I live near Detroit. I was being serious. :brows: I saw a late 80s Taurus the other day that had the entire trunk crushed in and the guy had taped some taillights onto the wreckage. No joke.

I live near Detroit. I was being serious. :brows: I saw a late 80s Taurus the other day that had the entire trunk crushed in and the guy had taped some taillights onto the wreckage. No joke.

i saw an econoline once that was "crab walking" down the highway

I saw a Stratus will a smashed front end... And a double airbag deployment, crazy b*@$£ was still driving it around. No headlights, no turnsignals. Air bags hanging out the dash, and duct taped to the steering wheel.

So whatcha gonna do with the car... I will replace the spindle and get an alignment and drive it :D You see what I drive normally so whats the real difference :nuts:

State Farm..."like a good neighbor". Full coverage ;)

remind me to never visit the upper midwest..... :D

I'vw not ever been any farther west than Columbus, and I don't think that's gonna change LOL

I remember some places in Beaver County, PA that looked like they fell out of Deliverance.......

And we won't even get started on Tremont,PA.

glad to hear your ok man! nice work on the drive shaft. how much did it run you?

It was $150 and some change....but I'm not upset by that. It's pure sexy. It would have been alot cheaper if I had a longer shaft that could have been cut down vs. retubing the stock one. Also, when they pulled the yokes off it was discovered one had a crack in one of the ears that I didn't notice, and the pinion end inner flange had been hacksawed about 3/4 of the way thru by someone before me :eek: . So I had to pay for two new ends, the cost of the 3" tube, and labor to cut/weld and paint. If you can find a longer one and have it cut, go that route to save some $$$

Enough about the car. How many beers were saved????

all but 2 of the brave soldiers made it :D