WTB OEM under dash tweeters

Torq_Shep

I used a junkyard pair of these to replace some blown out tweeters in the bookshelf speakers I use for lab testing. You know, they don't sound half bad.

They are 8 ohm, keep that in mind. Also, Morel component tweeters fit in these brackets perfectly.

20 minutes ago, Minuit said:

I used a junkyard pair of these to replace some blown out tweeters in the bookshelf speakers I use for lab testing. You know, they don't sound half bad.

They are 8 ohm, keep that in mind. Also, Morel component tweeters fit in these brackets perfectly.

Good to know, I planned to use the Morel tweeters in these brackets also

DAMNIT Y'ALL BOUGHT THEM ALL.

I just bought my components from crutchfield for the audio and went to buy these for the brackets and TC no longer has them. Should have known better. In any case I am now on the hunt for a set again =P

11 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I think like 15-20pr

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

they were 10 bucks plus shipping.  I'm kicking myself for not getting the last pair, but I'm not sure how to display a pair of tweeter on the nos wall.  :dunno:

Thanks guys.  I remember seeing those, and thinking it's not even worth listing my used ones for sale haha.  

Yeah Pete that would be a hard one to display other than just hang them up.

2 minutes ago, Muncher said:

What do tweeters even do? And where do these stock ones go? The grill in the dash?

Tweeters are responsible for the highs and sometimes high-mids on a stereo system. Many modern aftermarket speakers (cheaper models typically) have the tweeters built-in in the center of the speaker. Older vehicles either didnt have tweeters or they had them in one spot on "premium" sound. 

In the case of our jeeps, the lower kick panels have grilles for these speakers but they are hardly ever present unless you had an "accusound by Jensen" package. Even if they were present they sucked...

Tweeters are responsible for the highs and sometimes high-mids on a stereo system. Many modern aftermarket speakers (cheaper models typically) have the tweeters built-in in the center of the speaker. Older vehicles either didnt have tweeters or they had them in one spot on "premium" sound. 

In the case of our jeeps, the lower kick panels have grilles for these speakers but they are hardly ever present unless you had an "accusound by Jensen" package. Even if they were present they sucked...
Ohhh ok. I think the speakers I just ordered have tweeters in them. I've never seen the grills in the kick panels tho