getting my 1st shot on Tuesday! :)

Pete M

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well we had some big changes go down provincially yesterday in an attempt to knock down this third spike we're getting, and part of it was opening vaccination first-dose bookings to everyone born in or before the year I was born. So I’ve got an appointment booked for the 19th now. So that’s cool. I’m guessing it’s the A-Z but not 100% on that. 

Got my 2nd shot on Monday, Pfizer, a little sore but no other issues, woohoo! My wife is getting her 2nd next week and our 17yo got her first Wed so we will be good to go and do what we want and feel much more comfortable doing it. 

• 2 weeks later...

As of this afternoon I’m on team Pfizer. I get some needle anxiety amongst all my other anxieties, so I always look away, didn’t even feel it. The nurse was swabbing my arm, then stopped for a few seconds, then started swabbing again and told me it was done.

My shoulder’s a little sore if I stop moving for a bit, basically now that I’m home from work and sitting down, but otherwise I wouldn’t know. And if I didn’t know I got stabbed this afternoon I might not even think anything of the soreness, it’s that mild.

keep moving that arm.  I did for the first one and the soreness was very mild, even the next day.  I failed to do it the 2nd shot and my arm was substantially more sore the next day.  :doh:   but even then it wasn't crazy pain and was gone by the end of that next day.