Tilt column

70barracuda

15 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

Central NJ. Shipping will definitely be interesting...

Believe it or not, shipping steering columns is fairly easy. I've had to do it a few times at work. I would recommend taking off the tilt column adjuster handle thing and the turn signal stalk, then it will fit in a regular box. I want to say we were able to ship 3 (for 63 Impalas) in one box from WI to CA for $75.

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Believe it or not, shipping steering columns is fairly easy. I've had to do it a few times at work. I would recommend taking off the tilt column adjuster handle thing and the turn signal stalk, then it will fit in a regular box. I want to say we were able to ship 3 (for 63 Impalas) in one box from WI to CA for $75.

That's not bad at all actually.

I shipped one a while back and left the stalks installed and made a small frame of plywood around them for safety and because I didn't want to tear the column apart. 

The box weighed 25lbs and was a similar shape to a guitar box when it was done.  It was $30 to ship with USPS to the next state over.

4 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

What's the going rate on these? Ebay has a ton but they are like $300+. Seems super high to me.

Yeah $300 is way high.  Are they professionally refurbished or just pulled and thrown online?

88mjsally has a dang good offer there.  Mine sold for $100 and that is around the highest I've actually seen them sell for but I haven't looked at prices in a couple years so not positive on the going rate today.  Really the biggest thing is finding one that doesn't have the slop in it or at least be prepared to fix it if it does.  

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

Yeah $300 is way high.  Are they professionally refurbished or just pulled and thrown online?

88mjsally has a dang good offer there.  Mine sold for $100 and that is around the highest I've actually seen them sell for but I haven't looked at prices in a couple years so not positive on the going rate today.  Really the biggest thing is finding one that doesn't have the slop in it or at least be prepared to fix it if it does.  

The refurbs are around $500 lol. And yeah I'm prepared for the rebuild and tightening screws. I redid mine and it wasn't hard at all.

3 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

I have a maroon tilt one for sale. $40 plus shipping. It does have a small piece missing from the housing but it still works fine and has a key. I can get some better pictures if you’re interested

Yes definitely. I'll pm you

23 hours ago, Dzimm said:

I shipped one a while back and left the stalks installed and made a small frame of plywood around them for safety and because I didn't want to tear the column apart. 

The box weighed 25lbs and was a similar shape to a guitar box when it was done.  It was $30 to ship with USPS to the next state over.

And it arrived safely.  Nice packing job, by the way.