Stellantis (FCA and Peugeot merger)

89 MJ

Well, I see it finally happened. I just saw on Facebook that FCA North America changed their name to Stellantis North America. The deal closed on Saturday. I wonder what this mean's for the future of Jeep? Here is a link to do some reading if you are interested.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-stellantis-deal/after-long-journey-fiat-chrysler-and-psa-seal-merger-to-become-stellantis-idUSKBN29L001

4 minutes ago, derf said:

I don't know that I'd call this merger a dumpster fire.  And I think Romney has better things to do than care about it. :dunno:

Heh. See when everything goes on back order and suppliers jump ship every time Chrysler does something big like this merger, it’s hell and a dumpster fire from the parts and service department view. 

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Heh. See when everything goes on back order and suppliers jump ship every time Chrysler does something big like this merger, it’s hell and a dumpster fire from the parts and service department view. 

I can see that.  But then again, they already have so few parts for XJs and MJs any more I'm not sure how much that would affect us. :P

I can only hope the Jeep line gets something good out of it. When they merged with Daimler they final got a good transmission. When they merged with Fiat they have up on the little car and web gotthe Track Hawk. I can only hope because I don't have a choice I'm just going to have to deal with it everyday! 

1 hour ago, JMO413 said:

I can only hope the Jeep line gets something good out of it. When they merged with Daimler they final got a good transmission. When they merged with Fiat they have up on the little car and web gotthe Track Hawk. I can only hope because I don't have a choice I'm just going to have to deal with it everyday! 

Bring back the FC! Bring back the FC! Bring back the FC!

And make it affordable. That helps too.