1jtmg6413jt155434

DaffodilRex

I have a 1988 Jeep Comanche. I haven't had it long and I have no mechanical knowledge 😄 Running on YouTube and Google to help with it so I can't answer much about it. It's a 2wd, automatic, and I've got the 4.0L in line 6 (renix). It's a short bed. Body is in great shape, and it runs and drives. I've done some work to it, and have a few more mechanical things to do but nothing major left. Mostly little things and cosmetics. 

I'll eventually do more mechanical updates and upgrades but currently just checking things off the list of problems it had that the previous owner knew of.

I saw a guy down the street from me with one and liked it. I was lucky enough to find this one online. 

I updated the lights and grille/surrounds, currently waiting on a front and rear bumper to arrive from dirtbound off road, and have a lot of other things in mind for it. 

Sticker with the build date is faded and damaged, can't see the date. 

Located in Jacksonville Florida. 

Black with Camel interior, bench seat, vinyl, column shift. 81,907 miles. 

I currently have it, it stays at my home, and I have a clean title for it. Tagged and insured. 

20201230_161025.jpg

20201225_155451.jpg

20200718_095924.jpg

20200718_095928.jpg

VEHICLE HAS A OPEN RECALL FOR THE 02 SENSOR

BUILD:3/7/88

BODY:TL61

*X3 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -YY DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE AGC  
APA Monotone Paint BCQ Maintenance Free Battery CBA Straight Back Bench Seat
CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating DGS 4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine
GAC Tinted Glass Windows HAA Air Conditioning JJA Cigar Lighter
LMA Halogen Headlamps MDA Front License Plate Bracket NAA Federal Emissions
NHQ Transmission Heater PYC   QYC  
RAC AM MTR Radio SBA Power Steering TBG Compact Spare Tire
WMC Open  

46 minutes ago, jdog said:

VEHICLE HAS A OPEN RECALL FOR THE 02 SENSOR

BUILD:3/7/88

BODY:TL61

*X3 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -YY DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE AGC  
APA Monotone Paint BCQ Maintenance Free Battery CBA Straight Back Bench Seat
CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating DGS 4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine
GAC Tinted Glass Windows HAA Air Conditioning JJA Cigar Lighter
LMA Halogen Headlamps MDA Front License Plate Bracket NAA Federal Emissions
NHQ Transmission Heater PYC   QYC  
RAC AM MTR Radio SBA Power Steering TBG Compact Spare Tire
WMC Open  

Thank you! 

Replaced the O2 sensor earlier this year. Thanks for the information, I was curious if the bench was stock. I guess it is lol

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

A recall that a dealer would just laugh at you for. Even though there are recall O2 sensors left lol.

When I first got it I tried to call the local jeep dealer in search of a part and the parts guy actually laughed and was like no ma'am that's discontinued 😆

I was lucky in the beginning. A local junk yard actually had one. I got a lot of trim pieces and little things I needed from it but it was pretty picked over. That's where I got my red tailgate. Once I realized the MJ and XJ were pretty interchangeable I had a lot better luck though lol. 

3 minutes ago, DaffodilRex said:

I was lucky in the beginning. A local junk yard actually had one. I got a lot of trim pieces and little things I needed from it but it was pretty picked over. That's where I got my red tailgate. Once I realized the MJ and XJ were pretty interchangeable I had a lot better luck though lol. 

welcome to the world of old trucks. :D  thank goodness the XJ sold so well or we'd be pretty screwed. :( 

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

very nice. :L: welcome to the club. plenty of info to be read and answered here. enjoy. dig the shoes. :grinyes:

I just saw this! Sorry. Thanks 😊 they were on it when I got it. I think the guy said they were off an old TJ. 

8 minutes ago, DaffodilRex said:

I just saw this! Sorry. Thanks 😊 they were on it when I got it. I think the guy said they were off an old TJ. 

those are '06 TJ Rubicon rims. :L:  I've got a pair of 06s on my trailer and a set of 05s on my Liberty. :D  best rim ever!  8" wide and with just a bit less backspacing so the tires push out a smidge. 

20200919_104139 - Copy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

those are '06 TJ Rubicon rims. :L:  I've got a pair of 06s on my trailer and a set of 05s on my Liberty. :D  best rim ever!  8" wide and with just a bit less backspacing so the tires push out a smidge. 

20200919_104139 - Copy.jpg

Thank you! I had no idea. I have to figure something out though because as much as I like them, the rub. No U turns for this girl 😬

38 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if it's rubbing on the flares, a small spacer lift should alleviate it. :L:  

35 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

i bet rubbing on lca. wj arms or jk arms :thinking: would correct this..

I'll have to get out there tomorrow and figure it out.

well, you've got options:

-small lift to pick the flare up out of the arc of tire travel

-smaller tires

-stock rims (should change the tire travel arc just enough to clear)

-trim the flare a bit

-ignore the noise

-never turn around again