1JTML65P5JT124863

fiatslug87

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes but i though maybe being able to see the rpms will be helpful for a manual swap. especially because I am still pretty new at manual

28 minutes ago, BeatCJ said:

I am a big fan of a tach, but that's a full cluster swap. I have the stuff to swap mine, but it takes a little more than just swapping in the cluster. Sending units will also need swapped.

It can be helpful. Like I said, I am going to swap a full gauge cluster into mine. My point was, depending on your gauge setup now, you will need to change other things, too.

But you will learn to shift by feel/sound really quickly, so it's really not that big a deal.

87-90 clusters swap directly. :L:   take care when trying to remove yours.  use the junkyard cluster as practice.  if you pull the cluster out too far before unclipping the speedo cable, you can cause issues with the cable.

7 hours ago, Jesse J said:

yes but i though maybe being able to see the rpms will be helpful for a manual swap. especially because I am still pretty new at manual

Nah, get it if it’s cheap and works, but its not needed. My blue truck doesn’t have a tach and I don’t need one. You will have a natural feeling when iou need to shift. 

• 2 months later...