Over priced 86

Somehow its a short bed, looks to have a bedliner paint job, really not as custom as the seller thinks it is.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1986-jeep-comanche/7236607717.html

This beauty was born a clean 1986 2WD 4 cylinder when we started the build. Using parts from a nice ‘98 Cherokee, she is now a 4X4 automatic 6 cylinder lifted custom build. We believe to be 1 of a kind. There are too many new parts to list everything done. Must see to appreciate what it is. Looking to get back close to what we have into her. Asking 22k or best offer. Clean Colorado title in hand.

01414_gAHXkhN9IVu_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg.9fc0515cd67ba256df71d4057c17a877.jpg01414_785glSQatSj_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg.a0fea07ee4f14e0e61e6aa47fc222f41.jpg

Not to be a contrarian here but it’s not a bad looking little truck. It may be just what someone wants and if so the price may be reasonable to them. 100% original trucks aren’t the only ones that have value to a potential buyer. That being said, I don’t really see 22k being invested in this rig. Aside from the liner job and lift looks like they just took everything else from a beat up xj. Unless he’s got a lot invested into axles, brakes, steering etc. I’m not seeing the investment. They need it post up their build specs 

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Not to be a contrarian here but it’s not a bad looking little truck. It may be just what someone wants and if so the price may be reasonable to them. 100% original trucks aren’t the only ones that have value to a potential buyer. That being said, I don’t really see 22k being invested in this rig. Aside from the liner job and lift looks like they just took everything else from a beat up xj. Unless he’s got a lot invested into axles, brakes, steering etc. I’m not seeing the investment. They need it post up their build specs 

When you had your truck for sale though, the price was similar (if I remember correctly). I see your truck as one of the nicest MJs worth BIG money. I would also venture to guess that you have way more invested in your truck. To me, the bedliner paint makes it worth maybe half of a good painted truck. So, maybe $10,000 would be OK for this truck. 

Just now, 89 MJ said:

When you had your truck for sale though, the price was similar (if I remember correctly). I see your truck as one of the nicest MJs worth BIG money. I would also venture to guess that you have way more invested in your truck. To me, the bedliner paint makes it worth maybe half of a good painted truck. So, maybe $10,000 would be OK for this truck. 

Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of bedliner over the whole truck. I don't really see where the investment is in the truck. 

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Thanks! Yeah I'm not a fan of bedliner over the whole truck. I don't really see where the investment is in the truck. 

It's easy to spend a lot of money and have it not be visible.

There is no way they have $22k in this truck, maybe they paid a shop to do all the work or waaayyyy overpaid for the MJ and XJ they started with.  I've got around $5k-$6k in mine and have done quite a few expensive 'extras' to it that aren't done to this truck.  Even adding new tires and fresh bed liner in the bed, I'd be at like $7k-$8k and have a very similar looking truck. 

Looks like stock axles, and stock steering. Xj rear axle and did not relocate spring pads. I think he included his labor hours in that price.

I don’t know xj spring perches are wider than Comanche spring perches and it looks to me like the leaf springs are bowing in so maybe relocated, but not relocated to the right spot. Hard to tell with the one picture of the underside in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Dzimm said:

There is no way they have $22k in this truck, maybe they paid a shop to do all the work or waaayyyy overpaid for the MJ and XJ they started with.  I've got around $5k-$6k in mine and have done quite a few expensive 'extras' to it that aren't done to this truck.  Even adding new tires and fresh bed liner in the bed, I'd be at like $7k-$8k and have a very similar looking truck. 

This is what I am thinking. Before my engine swap, I had about 9-10 grand in my truck-and my truck has had a lot of money spent on paint and primer.