So my Respiratory Therapist wife's job finally caught up to her...

Knucklehead97

Well my wife, who is a respiratory Therapist at UAB (she works with Covid-19 daily) finally caught the bug. She tested positive. She is perfectly fine other than a few small symptoms, but due to us being married I am out of work for 2 weeks or longer if I end up getting sick. She called me and told me today while I was at work so I promptly told my manager, left work and stopped by Lowe's for a quick supplies run to make sure I have something to do for 2 weeks. Going to install new ceiling fans throughout the house, finish my washroom remodel, and start on the kitchen remodel. Got family and friends leaving groceries on the doorstep for us to stay alive on. Gotta make the best of a bad situation!

Be well man.  I could say a lot more about this hype but I won't out of respect for the board and CC community.  Y'all will be fine, take care of the wife and don't go insane doing it.

My wife works at the local VA, and I'm fully expecting her to get it sooner than later.  I'll be in the same boat as you.

On 7/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Knucklehead97 said:

Well my wife, who is a respiratory Therapist at UAB (she works with Covid-19 daily) finally caught the bug. She tested positive. She is perfectly fine other than a few small symptoms, but due to us being married I am out of work for 2 weeks or longer if I end up getting sick. She called me and told me today while I was at work so I promptly told my manager, left work and stopped by Lowe's for a quick supplies run to make sure I have something to do for 2 weeks. Going to install new ceiling fans throughout the house, finish my washroom remodel, and start on the kitchen remodel. Got family and friends leaving groceries on the doorstep for us to stay alive on. Gotta make the best of a bad situation!

COVID-19 isn't anything to take lightly. I'll say my prayers for you and your wife to not have any serious complications.

Sorry to hear that. Despite all the precautions we take(which do help!) it still happens. 

I also recently got COVID, luckily for me it was pretty minor, but I don't want to downplay the seriousness of it, different people react different ways, and it could have been much much worse. Take it as a reminder to everyone that its still a real issue, and we have a duty to everyone(read social contract) to do our own part to reduce the spread as much as possible. 

My grand mother turned 90 this year, she has been in super lockdown since the Rona started, if in some small way me making personal sacrifices saves the life of one person like her then its worth it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, Knucklehead97 said:

any updates?

On 9/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, Pete M said:

any updates?

I completely forgot about this thread honestly. I got caught up on the house and taking care of her that week and forgot to check back. I appreciate everyone's kind words either way!

The update is that thankfully everything was fine for her. She was stuck in bed for about 3 days. The worst days weren't the first few, but the last few. She still can not smell anything and the doctors say she won't be able to for about 6 months at least.  Otherwise she was perfectly fine after 6 or 7 days of symptoms. I somehow didn't contract it from what I can tell. I never had ANY symptoms despite being around her the entire time. Honestly, it was just a free vacation for me. I got a lot of work done on the house and went and bought a new washer/dryer and refrigerator the day after I was cleared to leave the house again. 

Once again thanks a lot, and I hope anyone else who has gotten it had as good results as we did. I have personally seen people die from it young and old so it was hard to see my wife get it.