Side marker bezel

JMO413

I all looking for a left and right marker lamp bezels for my 88. Looking for painted and can only find chrome.Both of mine are cracked. 

IMG_20200514_175658465.jpg.335e3ad7ef9abc344838d663eba1990d.jpg

90 and earlier fit. Newer than that are part of the headlight bezel. Not really worried about how they look I will be repainting them. 

Edited by JMO413
Content

9 minutes ago, 88mjsally said:

I know where a pair is in a junkyard near my house if you want me to try and grab them for you. They looked to be intact last time I was there but I never remember to grab things like that

That would be awesome. I would take them if their cracked also so I have an extra set to try and repair.

23 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

That would be awesome. I would take them if their cracked also so I have an extra set to try and repair.

I’ll go back there this week and grab them since I need to go get a few other things too

On 5/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, JMO413 said:

Awesome. Thank you.

I went back yesterday to get those bezels however I got there and they were both missing chunks so I didn’t grab them. I see them on occasion so I’ll keep an eye out for more

2 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

I went back yesterday to get those bezels however I got there and they were both missing chunks so I didn’t grab them. I see them on occasion so I’ll keep an eye out for more

Thanks for looking. I'll keep looking also.

4 hours ago, The86manche said:

Did you end up finding any?

I saw your post and knew i had one somewhere and found it.

Only have one side though. No cracks just scuffs 

15901605550721068321274.jpg.193bfe7ea15bf0086a27cfbc405369bc.jpg

1590160627056757535427.jpg.20199799fe4bc5519030890fb44f5da3.jpg

I have not. What would you like for the one you have?

Hey I'm just throwing that out there; I do model kits, and a well kept secret to de-chrome plastic parts is to let them soak in Super Clean. You could always try that in the worst case scenario if you can only find chrome bezels.

13 minutes ago, OldSch88L said:

Hey I'm just throwing that out there; I do model kits, and a well kept secret to de-chrome plastic parts is to let them soak in Super Clean. You could always try that in the worst case scenario if you can only find chrome bezels.

I have never heard of this before. I will be trying it on a RH as soon as I can get one. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

I have never heard of this before. I will be trying it on a RH as soon as I can get one. Thank you.

It works really fast for chrome plated styrene parts, but I didn't try it on other plastics. I might try it on some old chrome door panel trims to see if it works.