Ol' Blue

I have worked on it here and there. I think so far I upgraded the radiator to the 96 version, replace the cluster with a tach cluster.

But I started to work on the body to get it painted. It still needs a rear main seal, and the A/C needs fixed. I am thing upgrading it to the 96 version as well. I have a new diesel gas tank and XJ fuel pump. The gas gauge is stuck on empty.

The parts I collected so far are almost all the lift for SOA.

Cherokee Dana 44

New Spring perches and U bolts

Front Blistein shocks for 6 inch lift

Rubicon Express 5.5 lift springs (I may have bought the wrong ones and they may only be 4.5. If I did, then I will sell these and get Rusty's 6 inch springs)

Rough country brake lines for the front

Drop pitman arm

Core 4x4 control arms

Some off brand track bar

Pro Comp 15x8 rims

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33 inch tires

Front winch bumper

and some stuff I am forgetting

15 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

If that is your Cherokee behind it, I’m parting one out the same color. 

Yes that is my Cherokee, I found that one sitting in a farmer's field a few years ago. Bought it for $300 and put it back on the road. My better half calls it the 10 thousand dollar jeep. I tried to explain that is only around 5 but she doesn't believe me.

It is a crazy color, I haven't seen any others around with that paint. 

How the truck looks today. I hate body work and have been working on it for about 2 months now. Still a long way to go. It has the bumper on and 1 Napier flare. Working on the rest before paint.

mj8.jpg

1 hour ago, Geek said:

Yes that is my Cherokee, I found that one sitting in a farmer's field a few years ago. Bought it for $300 and put it back on the road. My better half calls it the 10 thousand dollar jeep. I tried to explain that is only around 5 but she doesn't believe me.

It is a crazy color, I haven't seen any others around with that paint. 

Cool story. Let me know if it ever needs any parts. 

I decided to start putting on the lift today. I wanted to put on the rear first, but it is just a few turns past hand tight. Started on the front but didn't get far. I should be able to get the front done this week and weld up the rear end. I ordered some ruff stuff shock mounts for the rear. Didn't care for the ones that came in the spring perch kit.5ada965203067926f9245fb542edbfca.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Started on the front today. Having problems getting the brake line off. But putting on the core 4x4 control arms.
I have a board lagged bolted into my garage to hook a rachet stap or come along. I would like to say this is for pulling the axel when I put on control arms. That is not what it started out as. I needed it to pull the Jeeps into the garage when I brought them home broke.080be6971c9a59658d3b9d7ce7063e99.jpgc838ab75f64b4ab3b71b0cd74aa74171.jpg1321d341b6ae5e88cd20a7e563cf1690.jpg

Something doesn't look right. I set the control arms at the length above from the chart. The axel looks to far back. I will have to look for another chart before I put the springs in.239786be8ad063d54d518944d6db3394.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

is the axle at ride height?

This^^

The axle will swing forward some once it's at ride height so keep that in mind.  It does look a little too far back in your picture though, don't think it will swing that far forward.

• 7 months later...

Well after a little mishap I took a few months off from working on the Comanche. It ended up falling off the jack stands on me. It missed me but I ended up taking a break. So a week or two ago I started back up.
So far I was able to get the front end back together. I also ordered and put on a Rugged Ridge steering for it.
Here is were it is now.70a3806684642d329a559c8bd9c8500d.jpgae5efa3b371717adcb48c4d21e0cada5.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Still slowly moving along. I welded the rear spring perches and shock mounts in. Ran new brake lines for the dana 44 axle and an XJ extended brake line. Should only have to hookup the ebrake cables to finish up the rear. The Bilstein rear shocks should be here tomorrow.

I will get another picture of the rear done up if I can get it finished up this weekend.

PXL_20211231_231702859.MP.jpg

The rear just needs the ebrake cables hooked up. Then tighten up all the bolts for the front axle and I should be ready for alignment and PA inspection. Which will allow me to get it back on the road once in a while .

Also found a cowl hood that I hopefully will pick up this week.

PXL_20220107_002422706.jpg

14 hours ago, Geek said:

The rear just needs the ebrake cables hooked up. Then tighten up all the bolts for the front axle and I should be ready for alignment and PA inspection. Which will allow me to get it back on the road once in a while .

Also found a cowl hood that I hopefully will pick up this week.

PXL_20220107_002422706.jpg

is that soft brake line long enough? 

The soft brake line is actually the vent for the rear. The stainless is a XJ for 6" lift. I deleted the weight sensor for the brakes.

I am have been working on this for like 2 years. I am getting slower with age.

I did find a fiber cowl hood for it. Hopefully have it this weekend. Haven't been able to catch up with the seller yet.