8YFFJ26VXNV071840

Cerbomach

1992 Jeep Comanche

4.0 HO/AX15/NP231/D44 front/D60 rear, short wheel base

it don't have the door sticker

On the road but waiting to be fully restored

Dark Blue/gray interior, buckets seats. its a Laredo metric ton in a short wheel base,  completly stock from the box manufactured by Jeep in Valencia, Venezuela plant.

The VIN seems to have and error do to de check digit shows a X and the math behind the numbers points to a 5 so... I tried to uncrack the VIN to find out but its hard to get info about this specific year.

Its rust free, although floor pans were replaced in some point of its life

owned

IMG_20190924_161025956_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, Cerbomach said:

1992 Jeep Comanche

4.0 HO/AX15/NP231/D44 front/D60 rear, short wheel base

it don't have the door sticker

On the road but waiting to be fully restored

Dark Blue/gray interior, buckets seats. its a Laredo metric ton in a short wheel base,  completly stock from the box manufactured by Jeep in Valencia, Venezuela plant.

The VIN seems to have and error do to de check digit shows a X and the math behind the numbers points to a 5 so... I tried to uncrack the VIN to find out but its hard to get info about this specific year.

Its rust free, although floor pans were replaced in some point of its life

owned

IMG_20190924_161025956_HDR.jpg

can we get more photos?  I've love to see the axles! :D 

23 hours ago, Pete M said:

can we get more photos?  I've love to see the axles! :D 

Yes! in the next few day will post some of the axles. The rear one y a very rare one because it was fitted only in the short bed metric tons and it was made just for this Mj series that was produce here just for the 91, 92 years. In the front, all jeep xj, zj, and yj manufactured here were fitted with danas 44 front and rear, wich is very cool.

I did a lot of research before buying the MJ and realized that the 92 short bed metrict ton was the one to have, looked around 4 other manches but all were long bed/Renix or converted to carb. Before buying this one y almost bougth a one owner 1990 long bed/renix with just ower a 100k km but it didnt convince me, next day when y call the owner to come down and see it again he had it sold that morning, tourns out that the new owner lives around my area and I was able to see it driving down the road and pull next to him in a stop light and asked him if he will sale it to me but didnt want to hahaha but I  have his phone contact and keep track on that very low milage MJ

Have some pictures of anothers MJ that I look before buying mine if you guys want to take a look.

8 minutes ago, Cerbomach said:

Yes! in the next few day will post some of the axles. The rear one y a very rare one because it was fitted only in the short bed metric tons and it was made just for this Mj series that was produce here just for the 91, 92 years. In the front, all jeep xj, zj, and yj manufactured here were fitted with danas 44 front and rear, wich is very cool.

I did a lot of research before buying the MJ and realized that the 92 short bed metrict ton was the one to have, looked around 4 other manches but all were long bed/Renix or converted to carb. Before buying this one y almost bougth a one owner 1990 long bed/renix with just ower a 100k km but it didnt convince me, next day when y call the owner to come down and see it again he had it sold that morning, tourns out that the new owner lives around my area and I was able to see it driving down the road and pull next to him in a stop light and asked him if he will sale it to me but didnt want to hahaha but I  have his phone contact and keep track on that very low milage MJ

Have some pictures of anothers MJ that I look before buying mine if you guys want to take a look.

be sure to start a build thread all about your truck and adventures! :D 

https://comancheclub.com/forum/8-member-projects-your-comanches/

On 4/18/2020 at 6:22 PM, JMO413 said:

It would have to start with a 1 or 2 they were only made in the US and Canada.

IMG_20200418_112224296.jpg.ae90875355b2bc8907b3e745e4252213.jpg

Comanches were manufactured in the Jeep plant of valencia, Venezuela for local sales (thats why the VIN starts whit 8Y wich is the code for venezuela manufacturers) here even a extended cab varsion was created from log bed models and sold in dealers as extra cab version.

need more pics of everything! :D   I have an original Comanche dealership brochure from Venezuela but don't read the language so it's more of less a lot of pretty pictures (non of which include an extended cab)

On 4/19/2020 at 11:57 PM, eaglescout526 said:

I thought there was that weird extended cab proto that existed! I would get in touch with a Jeep dealer there and see if they will give you a build sheet and date.

That will be awesome! Thanks!!!

On 4/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Pete M said:

need more pics of everything! :D   I have an original Comanche dealership brochure from Venezuela but don't read the language so it's more of less a lot of pretty pictures (non of which include an extended cab)

I've only have seen this wired extended cab in 88  long beds models and those were pretty common down here, but there are not too many now days in the roads. People here rip the hell out off the pickups soo its hard to survive.:(

I will love to take a look at that brochure and maybe give it a shot translating some of it!!!:cool:

1 hour ago, Cerbomach said:

I will love to take a look at that brochure and maybe give it a shot translating some of it!!!:cool:

It wasn't where I thought it would be so this will take a bit more time to find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, Chargum85 said:

Take a look at the other spots that typically have the VIN.  There should be a tag under the hood, as well as the last 6 digits on the front of the front crossmember.

It dosent come with the tag under the hood, it have the last 4 digits I think stamped in the rail frame just behind the battery mount. It also have a tag behind the windshield up in the dashboard but sadly only the las digits remain and another tag inside cab near the gas pedal but again only shows the last digits of the vin.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, Torq_Shep said:

Looks like this issue has been covered before. This guy was fairly helpful. 

I was checking out this! is like a sister of my MJ, actually his vin number is pretty similar to mine. This extended cab were common those days specialy in log bed versions