Pop's Charger

Guess I'll start one for this, my father purchased this thing in 74, a 1966 charger, its a big block car that he would always enjoy when he drove it. He bought it in Illinois where he was born and towed it here behind his 61 new yorker. It was in the garage getting another engine installed when he passed. It took me a while before i touched the thing as he started tearing it apart a couple weeks prior. this thing is slowly getting back together just cause i want to do it right. over the last couple weeks Ive installed the engine and a new engine wiring harness. worked on the headlights and will be soon converting it to disc brakes in the front.

they're awesome grilles, some of the stuff they had back then is just amazing, its all motor and relays to control the headlights and the dash is just breathtaking (if you have some free time look up electroluminesence dashes some crazy stuff

First three are charger, which 66 and 67 were the last years that used this system. Last picture is a 61/2 new yorker. All the needles are supposed to be lit.

"The gauge faces and dials, comprised of electrical conducting laminents, glow when alternating (AC) current is applied. AC current is converted from the 12V DC supply of the car by a transistor oscillator (Power Pack) mounted on the forward dash frame under the glovebox. This power pack  supplies 250 volts AC at 250 cycles per second (250 Hertz) from the 12V DC car current.

All gauges are of the thermal type and operate on the 5V DC constant voltage principle. This is accomplished through the use of a voltage limiter connected in parallel with the gauges. Voltage limiters in all  B Body MOPARS except thye 66/67 Charger  are external plug in type. The 66/67 Charger Model uses a voltage limiter intergal with the Fuel Gauge." via internet

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Panelescent/index.htm

more reading about it

bfe69a546f0f7d78703071a777712fe3.jpgcf9887405bd6173182745f73c2caf26a.jpg0bb9a787c1ce66e45eabfb29bd57dcef.jpg0c82ecac4d519197882660c49502a7b9.jpg

IT RUNSSS!!!! and it doesn't kill all the mosquitoes within a 5 mile radius of it. Seriously the motor that came out had bad rings and would just smoke bad. got a few bugs to work out but initial fire was good.

2386d52025b882312ec21eb8d3e55241.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Projects been on hold lately, but I got the radiator back from the radiator shop, and installed, disc brakes are installed, pads are here, waiting for new hoses. my list is short and its almost car show season.

• 3 weeks later...

hoses installed, brakes bleed. today the tires were mounted to the wheels, got to drive it around the block with the old tires and they are tired. will get pictures of them on the car later when i install them. things left to do:

1: do rear brakes

2: do a cluster swap

3:figure out the carb/fuel issue its having

2 hours ago, jdog said:

hoses installed, brakes bleed. today the tires were mounted to the wheels, got to drive it around the block with the old tires and they are tired. will get pictures of them on the car later when i install them. things left to do:

1: do rear brakes

2: do a cluster swap

3:figure out the carb/fuel issue its having

4: take way more pictures