Pop's Charger

• 3 weeks later...

Bulb check, and a update. Pulled the cluster to inspect and diagnose the no temp gauge issue, it is the temp gauge, and all the spares I have are bad as well. Oh well, I'll gather the good gauges and send em off for repair soon. As for now it'll get a mechanical gauge. Also fixed a no charge issue, rear brakes, axle seals, and atm waiting for ups to bring me a fuel sender so I can reinstall the tank. They are finally starting the races slowly and Sunday is the Mopar event. If all goes well it should be there on Sunday. Gotta see if I can match pops et time of 26secs lol he ran it out of fuel. It's going to be a bit strange first year in ten years that I'm going without him. 86dca9c8cd62d73d9a3209ed5c38f7b4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

sooo I should update this, this did not make it up to the races, found out i had a massive fuel leak at the fill tube. after fighting the fill tube with the new gasket i found out that the tank itself has a hole in it. as of right now I'm waiting for a new tank. once its in then it gets to go get a alignment

• 7 months later...

OH wow I should probably update lol, got the tank installed, and then I got called back to work. Will probably start working on this in the spring. Atm I'm building the motor that came out of this, and will be going into another ride soon.

• 1 month later...

Motor has returned from the machine shop and had to be bored. 030 over just to true up the cylinders. When I said this thing killed mosquitoes I wasn't lying. I stopped traffic one day after I floored the thing. Stay tuned for the build of the haggard polara that this motors going into.

• 11 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 6:43 PM, big66440 said:

Very cool!! I had a 66 Coronet 2 door and I always wanted to do an "R/T" version of it and install the front grill and headlight assembly from a Charger, I'd love to hear this beast!!

That would be cool,  it's actually quiet for dual exhaust