1JTMW6410HT190428

BeatCJ

1987 Comanche Base

4.0, 5 speed manual, 2wd, SWB

I just bought it, I am going to pick it up Saturday. I'll post some photos when I get it home.

It's red, body was really straight, the current owner had the carpet pulled up and the floors were in pretty good condition. It cranked but didn't start. I didn't hear the fuel pump running, so hopefully, it will be a relatively simple fix. I was also told that the brakes are spongy. That's not a concern for me, I've overhauled one or two brake systems.

It's titled as a Northern California truck, the guy I bought it from said he got it from Southern Oregon, sounds like that may have been the original owners kids.

*A6 Seats - Vinyl High Back Bucket
-YY  
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
AWJ Visibility Group
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DDJ 5SPD MANUAL TRANS
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GEC Window - Left Side, Front, Sliding
GFD SLIDING RR WINDOW
GTZ MIRRORS - MANUAL REMOTE
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JHA WINDSHIELD WIPERS - DELUXE
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
KD8 STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING/DELETE
LAP FUEL ECONOMY SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAE EMISS CONTROL TESTING &&&&&&&& LABEL
PE4 Colorado red
QE4 Colorado Red
SBA POWER STEERING
SUA TILT STEERING COLUMN
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
WJN 15" Aluminum Wheels

Build date 6/23/87

Body code TL61

Sold by ROY BALDWIN MOTOR CO INC CAPITOLA CA

Edited by eaglescout526

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Punk'n Metallic Clear Coat would be one of those reused codes. :L: 

Yeah it actually translates to literally a pumpkin color used today. Found that one out through the JT. But only the AMC BE Colorado Red's from pre 88 have that code for whatever reason.

IMG_20200322_084445.jpg.862c3bd9961406cac057253baad091e7.jpgGot it home yesterday, beautiful day for a drive.

A little additional information. Dana 35 rear axle, with a metal plug, 8 mm square drive. Pioneer Supertuner 3 stereo. And, while the hood release handle isn't broken, the driver's side hood latch is stuck. I'll open that up today, and try to work on the crank no start issue. Pretty sure it's fuel delivery some where. I have a .pdf printed version of the Cruiser54 list, probably start there.

It has a couple of minor groinks, but not too bad for a 33 year old truck.

Sorry for the potato pics, tablet camera stinks.

IMG_20200322_082817.jpg

IMG_20200322_082831.jpg

IMG_20200322_082918.jpg

IMG_20200322_082948.jpg

IMG_20200322_083152.jpg

There is almost no rust on anything, Pete. It was a Northern California truck at least through 2018, then Central Oregon. I think it was non-running for most of the last year and a half.

There is a bit of a kink in the driver side front fender, a chip in the passenger front marker, and the twisted bumper. Bed paint is pretty nice, the floors under the rubber mats are mostly shiny. I almost feel guilty, I plan to do a 4wd conversion, lift it and do some fender trimming.

I almost wonder if I should get it running and sell it to someone that wants to keep it stock.

I know. I think I will start with that,even before swapping front axles.

I just got done looking through receipts in the glove box. 148k miles in 2000, when this set of tires were put on. So, about 22,000 in 20 years. Kind of makes me sad.

The title was in the original owners name. The guy I bought it from bought it not running. He said he drained old gas out of the tank. I think I may be the third owner. It sounded good when it cranked.

Well, the frost is off of the grass, time to go pop the hood open.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...