Jeep Comanche Accessories guide - OEM INSPIRATION

2 minutes ago, schardein said:

This sparked my curiosity, so I went out to the workshop and did some tests.  The two center caps on the right didn't fit, but the one on the wheel fit almost like it was meant to be there.

IMG_7094.jpg

Hmm peculiar. But these can make up for substitutes when the turbine caps disappear.  

12 hours ago, schardein said:

This sparked my curiosity, so I went out to the workshop and did some tests.  The two center caps on the right didn't fit, but the one on the wheel fit almost like it was meant to be there.

IMG_7094.jpg

That's what one does when he does not want to be like everyone else. 

And god know's I don't want to be like anyone else. :P

16 hours ago, schardein said:

IMG_7094.jpg

I like how those look.

9 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

I like how those look.

I think it looks ok.  Especially given that the color is pretty close to the powder coat finish on my wheels.  Not sure they would look as good on a wheel with a factory finish.  After taking the picture, I wondered how it would look if the center cap was painted black (or color match the truck, or whatever), mask off the center "Jeep" part and leave it silver, and then use chrome lug nuts.  There could be a lot of variations there, black lug nuts for example, to get different looks.

I don't think they look better than the originals, but maybe that's because I think the Turbines are the best looking OEM wheel for 86-06 Jeeps.

Also, to run those center caps, I think even though it is a firm close fit, that would need the mounting screw holes drilled and possibly countersunk on the back to be permanently mounted.  I don't think it would be hard, and an advantage that they couldn't fall off like the originals, and also you could remove the lugs (and wheel/tire assembly) without popping off the center cap.

IMG_6025.jpg

8 hours ago, schardein said:

I think it looks ok.  Especially given that the color is pretty close to the powder coat finish on my wheels.  Not sure they would look as good on a wheel with a factory finish.  After taking the picture, I wondered how it would look if the center cap was painted black (or color match the truck, or whatever), mask off the center "Jeep" part and leave it silver, and then use chrome lug nuts.  There could be a lot of variations there, black lug nuts for example, to get different looks.

I don't think they look better than the originals, but maybe that's because I think the Turbines are the best looking OEM wheel for 86-06 Jeeps.

Also, to run those center caps, I think even though it is a firm close fit, that would need the mounting screw holes drilled and possibly countersunk on the back to be permanently mounted.  I don't think it would be hard, and an advantage that they couldn't fall off like the originals, and also you could remove the lugs (and wheel/tire assembly) without popping off the center cap.

IMG_6025.jpg

Agreed. It's a very good looking wheel. The paint to match could look really good.