Drawing Wiring Schematics

fiatslug87

Whoah, this looks sooo much easier than trying to draw out circuits in Adobe Illustrator or Microsoft Excel :beerbang: Thanks for sharing.

Excel is isn't too bad if it is all you have access too at work :laugh: This is some of my 'office' time sketching out a cheap dual battery idea in Excel:

image.png.9e8d409f2d3193575fee5fb405e4a12f.png

3 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Alright.....

One of you draw me a schematic of- 12v linear actuator, two functions from a single 12v signal. 

Extend and retract from one signal. 

No idea if this is even close to what you are looking for, but... I have a PDF of an old Bosch Relay Guide with over 40 pages of relay diagrams.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.14.00 PM.png

I use KiCAD for all of my circuit-related work. It's a "proper" electronics CAD package, and free as well. For simple wiring diagrams like you'd see on a vehicle, the nice thing is that you can add annotations and stuff right to the schematic in the editor, and it has a lot of pre made schematic symbols so you don't need to draw those either (you can also download them or make your own). You can also take that schematic and export it directly into a printed circuit board editor.

2 hours ago, schardein said:

No idea if this is even close to what you are looking for, but... I have a PDF of an old Bosch Relay Guide with over 40 pages of relay diagrams.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.14.00 PM.png

Well..........not really. 

I'll be using this- https://www.gamainc.com/product/80aprc/

Signal is 12v pos from transmission back up light switch. 

36 minutes ago, Minuit said:

I use KiCAD for all of my circuit-related work. It's a "proper" electronics CAD package, and free as well. For simple wiring diagrams like you'd see on a vehicle, the nice thing is that you can add annotations and stuff right to the schematic in the editor, and it has a lot of pre made schematic symbols so you don't need to draw those either (you can also download them or make your own). You can also take that schematic and export it directly into a printed circuit board editor.

That looks pretty neat. I'm downloading it. It may make a good companion for AutoCAD.

• 3 weeks later...