Transportation from Missouri to Alabama.

Knucklehead97

Howdy! So I'm trying to get some opinions on something. Another member has 2 AX-15 transmissions that I'm trying to get from them (one to install, one for me to take apart and learn from). The price is right. However, they are 10 hours from me. Upon looking into freight shipping, I'm getting quotes upward of 300$, which I do not want to pay at all (just seems like too much to me). I could make the drive up there, but I would prefer not to considering I wouldn't get a hotel room and would end up driving 20 hours in 1 day by myself (getting both transmissions in my 97 Sentra would require removing all seats other than the driver seat.)

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get them from Missouri to Alabama?

An AX15 weighs 97lb. If you can package it in less than 30x47x82 and if it weighs less than 100lbs you can ship it Greyhound. Usually much cheaper than UPS or LTL carrier. Rough estimate it would cost about $235 to ship both. Maybe less. With a box with a max length of 38". The AX15 is 24" long.

Thanks for all the replies! It's looking like Fedex is going to be cheapest. UPS quoted 125$ and FedEx quoted 109$ each. If I don't make the drive, I'll probably just pay the FedEx cost. It'd be about 100$ in gas for me to make the drive, plus me stopping to eat that day there and back. Really would only save about 70$ by driving it.

one of my favorites was a trip from Detroit to NewYork City to get a transmission/t-case.  Took my sis with me and we got to explore some cool places in the big apple for a day before grabbing the trans and heading home.  was a really great weekend. :D