Comanche Honcho???

Did the Comanche ever have a Honcho edition?

I think I saw one with Honcho II decals on it. I'm not sure what year it was but it was 4wd with a roll bar. It was in pretty rough shape, but I was just wondering if it was a unique option or commone one.

Thanks,

Ron

There is the 86 only models; X, XLS, and Custom. From 87 up to 92 there is; Pioneer, Sportruck, Cheif, Eliminator, base, Laredo. And honestly I feel that even I'm missing one or two models as well.

The Metric Ton / Big Ton models. Or are they considered packages under the others. :dunno:

I will take pictures.

As I said in the first post...It is in rough shape. It looked a lot like my Pioneer model.

It was sitting on the side of the highway earlier this week. I left my card in the truck and asked the guy to call me if he was interested in selling it. He called that afternoon. So I will probably buy it if all of the details work out.

Thanks for the input guys!!!!

Ron

There is the 86 only models; X, XLS, and Custom. From 87 up to 92 there is; Pioneer, Sportruck, Cheif, Eliminator, base, Laredo. And honestly I feel that even I'm missing one or two models as well.

The Metric Ton / Big Ton models. Or are they considered packages under the others. :dunno:

Metric Tonne was a package that was available. As far as available on all, I don't know either. The two I have laid eyes on, one was a Pioneer and the other is my base model/custom order.

no....the only ones were the:

-chief

-sport

-"x"

-eliminator

-laredo

the honcho was in the Fullsize cherokee's and J-10's

You missed

- Pioneer

- XL

- XLE

But I agree on the Honcho. I never heard of an MJ "Honcho II" edition.

don't forget anyone who was in love with honcho trucks could've easily had some decals made up for his MJ.

I do like them. Very cool looking from an era when vehicles were getting 'cookie cutter' looking.

But I grew up riding in the back seat of a Hornet Sport Wagon.....

Mine is an 87 Pioneer SWB that seems to have the Metric Tonne package (at least, all the components I've heard of), but I thought the package only came on LWB vehicles.

All of my literature says that it was a LWB-only thing. But since all the parts just bolt right in to a SWB, someone could easily have swapped it over.

Mine is an 87 Pioneer SWB that seems to have the Metric Tonne package (at least, all the components I've heard of), but I thought the package only came on LWB vehicles.

All of my literature says that it was a LWB-only thing. But since all the parts just bolt right in to a SWB, someone could easily have swapped it over.

My 87 SWB Pioneer also has a Dana 44 rear axle. I bought it from the daughter of the original owner, and I'm 99.47% certain it was never modified. It has factory tow hooks and what passed for a factory brush guard on the front bumper, so my guess is that for '87 Jeep used the D44 with the off-road package.

Holy cow!!! I was digging around and found my 87 dealership brochure (somehow got separate from the rest of them) and the offroad package in 87 mentions it came with the "heavy-duty rear axle"! This disappears in all subsequent brochures.

Feelin' better Eagle? :D

The metric tonne package is still "longbed models only".

couldn't you basically order your manche any way you wanted it?

cause i have a base model no power windows/locks, with a/c 4.0 and full gauges which wouldn't normally be in a sportruck right?

Yes. Mine is the same thing. Base model but was custom ordered. I actually have the order sheets, build sheets, and the original worksheets the OO did when figuring out what he wanted to order.