AMC salvage yard

eaglescout526

As some of you may know I frequent this salvage yard. They are a local and family owned business that started sometime in the late 70’s as salvaging the SJ’s. Now they have mostly XJs and ZJs but have some older Jeep oddities. 

Anyways I currently have a shopping list of parts to look for. Don’t ask about MJ parts as if they ever get an MJ it is usually gone as soon as they get it. They do have a pioneer short bed though. 

I can not guarantee that the part you are looking for will be there but I still will look. Right now they have a 89 2 door 4.0L that still has the Renix system minus the ECU as a member here already snagged it. 

I try to head there when I can so grabbing parts in a short amount of time will be challenging but I will do it. (I go during my lunch) 

If you need me to look for something let me know here or in a PM.

Just looking to help these guys out and keep them around. I have seen XJs from 84-01

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, budwisr said:

By chance any Eagles, especially any SX/4s?

Ironically no. But any AMC vehicles in AZ get scooped up because of being rust free. Which is why its a pain to find parts Jeeps or any cheap Jeep because of them being rust free.

57 minutes ago, johnj92131 said:

Yes, on my phone from hospital

Glendale AZ is where I'm located.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Ironically no. But any AMC vehicles in AZ get scooped up because of being rust free. Which is why its a pain to find parts Jeeps or any cheap Jeep because of them being rust free.

Glendale AZ is where I'm located.

So, you know Julie......

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I will ask them if they have any 242's at all.

No but they have a red short bed sitting on top of a storage container. Usually when they get MJ's they either sell them whole depending on the shape or they will put it in the yard and they usually don't last long in their yard if they ever get one. They actually might have a few e-brake units actually, I distinctly remember looking at I think it was three of them. I know I have a spare one tucked away

Occasionally I'll snoop around in their stock but it gives me an uneasy feeling when I do so, so I did not take a look around their ware house this time. I looked where Ebrake pedals and mounting brackets are for accessories and didn't see any MJ parking brakes. I did how ever find a set of standard weight MJ leaf springs with the shackles too. 

They did not have any 242's in stock. 

I did grab a lot of stuff, mostly for the half a full console project for me and two others who are interested in the idea. I lucked out really well on this trip and found a complete lower dash bezel, intact, no cracks or missing hinges for the ash tray with tweeters. Was a good find as normally they are cracked due to the sun. Also found a keyless entry dome module variant. There is a 90 XJ there with power doors harness mostly intact except where someone ripped off the passenger door and cut the harness but otherwise mostly everything is in that one.