2004 TJ Rubicon restoration.

My Comanche is in storage for the winter so I’ve been working on my 2004 tj. I’ve had the Jeep for 10yrs and 10yrs of hard use in PA. did a number on her. Not to mention some wheeling scars and a rollover at 55mph. Few before pictures for reference. 

80C0A063-68AC-4D83-8179-15F7B85A6AC3.jpeg

2C5CECC7-C77B-446D-90F5-EF90FD80DD04.jpeg

CA25073D-995F-445B-A214-A71323E2CE97.jpeg

Here’s how it’s sitting now. I have pictures of most of the work but they’re not that exciting. 3.5in RK longarm kit, carbon off-road shafts, sleeved gusseted front axle blah blah blah. Entire frame, axles and anything else made of metal  was sand blasted and epoxy primed and painted. New tub got the same treatment but was done in desert sand monstaliner. Still lots to do but the plan is to have it done and drive it to Daytona for Jeep beach in April. 

AE6A3E6B-6B0B-4FAD-86C9-1A8B40F1D76B.jpeg

50E234A5-6E22-40C6-B00A-7BEE36CDE901.jpeg

043F44D5-000F-4206-94EE-348B30C7970C.jpeg

59F062E1-0C6C-45CD-94C7-9AC54AA2460F.jpeg

5274EED4-C653-47F8-9848-86255971D72F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drahcir495 said:

Now that’s impressive! What is the story behind the roll over?

Driving too fast and hit a patch of anti skid during the spring thaw and lost it. Just me being an idiot. We got the Jeep on it’s wheels and drove it 7mi like that...

We hammered and pushed and straightened it out and had it on a ride 2 days later. 

Weedville....had to look that one up on the Google machine LOL.  You are from that part of PA that noone is ever from, anyone there is either from "around Pittsburgh" or "around Philly".:laugh:  I'm from Johnstown originally (was just up there last week for Turkey day).

VERY nice work on the TJ so far, please keep the thread updated :beerchug:

31 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Weedville....had to look that one up on the Google machine LOL.  You are from that part of PA that noone is ever from, anyone there is either from "around Pittsburgh" or "around Philly".:laugh:  I'm from Johnstown originally (was just up there last week for Turkey day).

VERY nice work on the TJ so far, please keep the thread updated :beerchug:

Oh believe me I know I’m in the middle of nowhere. All the good deals on parts are 3-4hrs away 😭. Thank you. I’ll keep it updated. Working on cleaning up some wiring this week. Not a fun job...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that's a great looking combo. :D 

are you going to paint the inner fender splash guard thingies?

No I kinda like the aluminum look. It won’t get run in the winter so I think they’ll hold up ok...I hope haha

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

oh, I'm sure they will hold up fine :L:   it's just for some reason the ocd in my brain keeps wanting them to either be black or bronze.  :dunno: 

Yeah I thought bronze could be cool but I was too big a coward to try it out.