Street Comanche #12

ogjeep

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have alot of updates, i redid the whole front end and added the original grill. I finally repainted all the trim, as well as the mirrors. I also replaced the fog lights, and added some additional Hella fog lights. Then on top of that i added some Projector Headlights with Halos. And damn are they nice. Here are some pics 

Looking good.  Have you noticed any spring wrap with those lowering blocks?  Some vehicles have issues some don't, curious if the MJ does or not.  

How close is your front bump stop to the pad on the axle?  Mine got within an inch on the ZJ springs so have to be careful with bumps at speed.

12 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Looking good.  Have you noticed any spring wrap with those lowering blocks?  Some vehicles have issues some don't, curious if the MJ does or not.  

How close is your front bump stop to the pad on the axle?  Mine got within an inch on the ZJ springs so have to be careful with bumps at speed.

No spring wrap yet. But i also havnt done any ripping burners yet. As for the front i need to look but i did check oil pan clearance and we are good. Driving around havnt had any smacks on the bumpstops yet. But i did remove them. So i just have the shafts in there no pad. Not sure if you did that as well. But so far so good! Ill be adding cal tracs once the turbo kit gets going. 

3 hours ago, ogjeep said:

Not sure if you did that as well.

No I actually put new bumpstops in it because mine were trashed and I wanted to ensure I wouldn't be unintentionally draining the oil.  Without the bumps you shouldn't bottom out but I believe the oil pan is closer to your steering stabilizer than the bump tube is to the axle so may need to be extra careful. 

I think if we somehow relocated the steering stabilizer we would have plenty of clearance on the oil pan with these springs that we could run with a much shorter bump stop and completely avoid any issues.  It's one thing I haven't worked out yet.

44 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

No I actually put new bumpstops in it because mine were trashed and I wanted to ensure I wouldn't be unintentionally draining the oil.  Without the bumps you shouldn't bottom out but I believe the oil pan is closer to your steering stabilizer than the bump tube is to the axle so may need to be extra careful. 

I think if we somehow relocated the steering stabilizer we would have plenty of clearance on the oil pan with these springs that we could run with a much shorter bump stop and completely avoid any issues.  It's one thing I haven't worked out yet.

Good tips, I havnt experienced any bad symptoms yet at all though. And ive hooned it pretty well.