Dzimm

Dust Cap

Anyone got one laying around they would part with?  The ones I'm seeing are $10 plus shipping but nothing for Jeeps.

IMG_20190502_155154.jpg

16 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Anyone got one laying around they would part with?  The ones I'm seeing are $10 plus shipping but nothing for Jeeps.

Like this?

20190502_170853.jpg

No it's a little metal dome that covers the axle nut.  It's specific to the 2wd axle.

Looks like this

s-l300.jpg

On 5/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, Dzimm said:

No it's a little metal dome that covers the axle nut.  It's specific to the 2wd axle.

Looks like this

s-l300.jpg

I seen it one at local junkyard 

If it happens to be there still would you be willing to snag it?  What you want for it shipped to 50054?

On 3/13/2014 at 7:02 PM, HOrnbrod said:

There'a another way if you don't want change knuckles (I didn't). You can't buy the OEM caps anymore, and there are no low profile caps; they will all stick through the hole somewhat. One solution I found is to use Mr. Gasket Chrome Dust Caps. They are just a tiny bit small, but you can cut a strip of aluminum from a beer can and fold it shim it around the inner lip of the hub and they will tap in firmly and stay forever.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-2485/overview/

mrg-2485_w_xl.jpg

They look better than the original dust caps sticking through.

a1eb0810ccf8538771b1dced5d7685dc.jpg

These look like the outer diameter is 1.79. It looks like Dorman part number 13996 outer diameter is 1.8

Hopefully this helps.

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

If it happens to be there still would you be willing to snag it?  What you want for it shipped to 50054?

PM.

If you’re still looking I can get the dust caps off of a Comanche in the junkyard next time I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, SatiricalHen said:

If you’re still looking I can get the dust caps off of a Comanche in the junkyard next time I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please!