window crank

Try to be more gentle with it.  I seriously think if you repeatedly are breaking them it leans more towards user error than bad cranks.  I've got a missing crank knob on the passenger side of the 92.  Not my problem though:peep:

I've gotten a replacement for a 97+ XJ from eBay that was an exact match to factory but was a no name aftermarket one.  Might be some similar to the 96-XJ and MJ on there.  I believe the auto stores sell generic replacements as well but those won't match factory.  

You'll want to lubricate the window track and the winder mechanism too. Back when my 91 had crank windows, they were somewhat stiff but I never had any trouble breaking the cranks. I'll bet the little "snake" that runs the window up and down has a bunch of gunk in it making it unnecessarily hard to crank the window.

Mine was super stiff as well. I bought a can of WD-40 with the bendable straw so I could reach the track. You need to take the door panel off and cut a little hole in the plastic then you should be able to lube it up. 

Image result for wd40 with snake straw

Agree with everyone. I took my regulators out, cleaned them, fixed them (corrosion and worn spot), lightly lubed them with lithium grease, and they work easy-peasy (after adjusting the triangle window bolt a little).