Comanche Bed Trailers

krustyballer16

Here is one in WA. $1,000. Has gas hook ups even
Check out this Off-road Jeep trailer strong frame for $1000 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/4stiJYZG8V

5 more photos with the link.
Screenshot_20190423-215041_OfferUp.jpg.ef8ab0a9254fffc6b530fa97dfa5982c.jpg
Seems like a lot of unnecessary things attached to it.... not much of a "gas hook up" just a propane tank strapped on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Would be really cool if someone used the MJ fuel tank and fuel pump to rig up a portable gas/diesel pump rig.  Not a ton of extra fuel but some.  Could be useful for an adventure trailer perhaps.

9 hours ago, BustedKnuckleJK said:

Well let me know, I can scope it out if you're really interested, it's about 2 hrs north of me. I can store it for awhile, but transporting it I'd have to somehow get it on a trailer.

Thanks, appreciate the offer, but getting it out to California would be a pain in the a$$.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, krustyballer16 said:

So what would everybody pay for a complete, ok shape bed trailer? Old stock springs and axle and a bed rhat needs some love, but good frame and new tongue?

If someone wanted me to go ahead and put new springs and shocks under it and fix the bed I would, for extra. I'm just trying to get a baseline to see if they're even worth building to sell...

Looks good. In the close-up of the front end, the left frame rail appeared to have a small opening at the top where your new framework mated to the original frame. Is that going to get closed up so it can't get filled up with gunk from following a tow vehicle through snow or mud?

As to the axles -- the ring, pinion, and differential spider gears add drag. If these are non-C-clip axles, why not open them and remove the guts, leaving just the axle shafts and the bearings? It'll save some unsprung weight, and reduce drag considerably.

Yes, the frame end is capped off now. Even the tube with the coupler on it is capped off, figured that'd be the first place water and mud would get in to.

And I think on this one, since itll probably be for me, I'll out a regular trailer axle with brakes under it.

But on others I'm sure someone could tear apart the axle.
The next few I build will have d35s under them since that's what's under those trucks now.

Without perfect beds already on them or without getting perfect beds for free, theres not really any money in making and sell these. I've started to realize that. But I'm still gonna build em. Better than scrapping them!

• 2 weeks later...

It might be an idea (good or not TBD) to build trailer frames that someone else could drop a bed onto? I don't really see there being a huge market for that either, but say someone swapped out their bed and has the old one kicking around, it saves chopping up a whole truck to make the trailer, then all they'd have to do is drive to you, pick up the rolling frame with cheap lights, drive home, to the junkyard, whereever, and then drop their bed on, instead of dealing with transporting the bed around.

It might be an idea (good or not TBD) to build trailer frames that someone else could drop a bed onto? I don't really see there being a huge market for that either, but say someone swapped out their bed and has the old one kicking around, it saves chopping up a whole truck to make the trailer, then all they'd have to do is drive to you, pick up the rolling frame with cheap lights, drive home, to the junkyard, whereever, and then drop their bed on, instead of dealing with transporting the bed around.
Ya theres not a huge market for either. Snd to sell them for big money I gotta spend big money and then the profit isnt really worth it.

And with a built tube frame, the mj springs wouldn't work, I'd have to figure out the shock placement, I'd probably say use a new trailer axle instead...itd cost more than buying a junk truck and cutting it in half I'd think.

7 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Have use ever considered using a 2wd MJ or XJ front axle in the trailers?

That can make thing work i would get something solid bar and weld or bolt on knuckle keep it straight. 

3 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

Seems like a lot more work and probably close to the same weight as a full rear axle...

Yea it seem too much tho unless someone really need to rear axle. :dunno: