1 minute ago, BeatCJ said:

You bought that just for the topper, didn't you?

Nope. I have a sportbar now, so I don’t need the topper, it will be going up for sale. I bought it because it was cheap and has some parts my brother might want for his J10s. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 2 of this truck should be coming in the spring! Stay tuned! As of now, here are the plans for version 2:

Upgraded lighting (H4 housings and bulbs, headlight relay harness, lights on the sportbar and bumper)

Sportbar :banana:

Bucket seats

OEM front bumper (possibly)

OEM front flares (if OEM front bumper happens)

OEM Front skidplate

OEM Air dam (if OEM front bumper happens)

OEM tow hooks (if OEM front bumper happens)

Full cluster swap

And God knows what else I decide to add then

Just now, Torq_Shep said:

You should do the bad dad fab winch mount with factory front bumper =P

That would be cool, but I don't know if that would work with the OEM towhooks. Time to do some research I suppose...

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

I have a stock skid plate. when I build new bumpers I will be parting with it. the chrome bumper offer also remains:brows:

Already got the skid plate. I’m still not sure on the chrome bumper. 

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I believe you can use your OEM skid with an aftermarket front bumper.

well I want to build one into my bumper. and maybe I can make a couple bucks between my skid and rear bumper to afford the steel to build bumpers. maybe. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jdog said:

Dunno why he would down grade but whatever. Guess that changes the plan for the ugly trucking?

For now it does, but I still have work to do on that one. I will also likely be picking another truck up in the springtime. 

53 minutes ago, jdog said:

isn't that all comanches?

Well, yes, even the blue truck still has a long road ahead before it is truly going to be finished. 

15 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

oh weird. that's kinda dumb downgrade for sure

His wife didn’t want a manual. 

1 minute ago, Jesse J said:

LAME!!

Says the guy who wouldn’t get an AX-15 when it was cheap to swap into his AUTO truck :roflmao:

On a side note, I don’t think my Sportbar is true and straight. The fit just seems...off. But it was also -5 today, so I wasn’t going to look at it a ton while it’s in cold storage. Once it gets up in the 20s or 30s, I will start looking at it some more. 

Just now, 89 MJ said:

Says the guy who wouldn’t get an AX-15 when it was cheap to swap into his AUTO truck :roflmao:

On a side note, I don’t think my Sportbar is true and straight. The fit just seems...off. But it was also -5 today, so I wasn’t going to look at it a ton while it’s in cold storage. Once it gets up in the 20s or 30s, I will start looking at it some more. 

WHEN I REBUILD MY ENGINE!!!! 

It looks fine in the pics but looks can be deceiving 

It's been getting warmer up here in WI. Today's high is 27 and Tuesday is supposed to be 43 (then it goes back down to the higher 30s) :banana:. Hopefully I will get the MJ out of storage and start driving it and work on it some more. Maybe I will test fit the front skid plate tomorrow and maybe even drill the holes for the sportbar so I can get both of those powder coated soon. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

RIV-NUTS!!! Thats how the factory put them on.

That is probably what I am going to be doing. I just tossed some hardware we had laying around in the front temporarily. I’m excited to be installing this—it should be pretty neat and maybe I’ll get it on some trails (once I build some sliders). 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck