1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

It does suck. They like to use a salt solution liquid that the spray on the road. It is absolutely terrible on vehicles around here. They will also spray the roads well into March and sometimes early April because if they don't use all of the money for the salt, they won't get that much next year, so they go out and waste it on roads where there is no snow or ice.

thats kinda stupid. no thats really stupid. I feel lucky 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jesse Johnson said:

thats kinda stupid. no thats really stupid. I feel lucky 

It is really stupid. That is part of the reason I cannot wait until I can leave this state for good.

Just now, Jesse Johnson said:

kool beenz. 8/10 would recommend the west u.s. but just me. 

That may happen too, because I don't hate snow, I just hate how they deal with it around here. LOL

Just now, 89 MJ said:

That may happen too, because I don't hate snow, I just hate how they deal with it around here. LOL

thats whats great about utah is we get awsome snow but also it goes away and is only like highs of 90 in the summer. its kinda bipolar though becuase it was 70 4 days ago and last night we got 6 inches of snow

1 minute ago, Jesse Johnson said:

thats whats great about utah is we get awsome snow but also it goes away and is only like highs of 90 in the summer. its kinda bipolar though becuase it was 70 4 days ago and last night we got 6 inches of snow

I may need to look into moving out that way.

2 minutes ago, Jesse Johnson said:

yeah but mjs have bad enough cooling normally not to mention in az weather. 

Insulation and seals are key. I don’t have my ceiling insulated so I can feel the heat pounding in from there but not dissipating at the floor. I can say since doing bits and piece of my floor, I noticed about 20% more heat retention than prevention but we also had a hot year and I never had AC until last year so I noticed a difference with the insulation. Plan is to redo the insulation and properly. But the plus side is no rust or salt to mess with. 

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Come here! Be nice to have another MJ owner out here. 

I do like the idea of the Southwest. And I already have a friend (actually the dad of the guy I bought my MJ from) who has another house in Phoenix.

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Insulation and seals are key. I don’t have my ceiling insulated so I can feel the heat pounding in from there but not dissipating at the floor. I can say since doing bits and piece of my floor, I noticed about 20% more heat retention than prevention but we also had a hot year and I never had AC until last year so I noticed a difference with the insulation. Plan is to redo the insulation and properly. But the plus side is no rust or salt to mess with. 

i just giving you $#!& lol

go wherever you want my dude. moab is a lot closer phoenix or slc then Wisconsin

17 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Come here! Be nice to have another MJ owner out here. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse Johnson said:

yeah but mjs have bad enough cooling normally not to mention in az weather. (yes I'm gonna fight over him lol)

I think I have a better idea. Why don't all of us MJ owners just buy our own island somewhere and we can just have our own little community. Then we won't need to deal with other people in less superior vehicles.

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Easy there Pol Pot lol. There’s other things to figure out like the currency and getting MJ parts being the biggest problems. 

Hmmmmmm, good point. We could become a US territory. Then we have flat rate boxes and a standard currency.

For our own incomes, we will need people to maintain roads/trails/racetracks for the MJs, plus construction workers for building houses and shops. We will also need people to deliver our MJ parts to us.

I think @Pete M should be our leader. He seems to know what he is doing. 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck