Interior Pieces?

Here are the things that are interchangeable with the 84-96 Cherokee:

- Dash, and everything attached to it

- Door trim panels (4dr only)

- A-pillar trim panels

- Full center console, but there will be a gap where the parking brake lever went. The mini console is the same as the Cherokee.

- Bucket seats EXCEPT for the mounting pedestals are the same as a 2dr, 84-94 Cherokee

- Sun visors. There is a year split here. I believe it's 84-89 and 90-96 are interchangeable within those years.

- Seat belt receivers (bucket seats only) 84-94.

Everything else is Comanche only. Colors will vary but the parts themselves will interchange. What color interior do you have (or what color do you want?)

2 hours ago, tugalo said:

There was a good thread on interior lights a short time ago.  The poster used interior lights from a VW Golf.  I ordered two off Ebay and am really happy with them............

holy hell that's a great idea. can't believe I didn't think of that when I had both an MJ and a mk2 jetta coupe (has those same lights in it) parked in the same driveway... especially considering I found out the golf/jetta radiator and efan works really well in an MJ.

7 hours ago, kb3uet said:

Since we are on interior pieces in this thread.  Does anyone know who or where I can find the dome lights or B-Pillar lights as they are sometimes referred to?

there are a few different threads in the link in my sig. :L:  

you can use the front part of an XJ headliner board and "terminate it at the back" with a 95-97 rear roof soundbar... provided you're not freakishly tall.

the rear soundbar used in a 98 5.9 limited grand cherokee actually fits better than the XJ one, but those are much harder to find, they also position the speakers better and have cutouts for component tweeters. this works well for taller folk too.

beyond that the only pieces I've had to source comanche specific are the b-pillar post trim and the piece below the back window that ties them together.

1 hour ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Do you happen to have a picture of this part? When I got my MJ it was missing most of the interior trim and I have been trying to get it all back to stock. Not sure I know about this piece at all....

i'll get a pic up when i get home from work but it's a fairly flat plastic piece that's about 8" tall and as wide as the bottom of the back window opening.

the other piece is a flat piece of high density cardboard (like door card material) wrapped in fabric with two metal hooks toward the bottom to hold it against the cab wall. this part would be very easy to reproduce as it's just a felt covered rectangle.

years ago i found a piece of crown molding that matched the lines so I just painted it burgundy and screwed it to the back of the cab.

For my main back panel below the window, I bought a piece of "masonite" hardboard at the lumber yard, and cut it to shape using the old warped/broken OEM board.  Then I covered it with black headliner fabric.

The "B" pillar moldings have small spots molded in on the area where the hardboard attaches.  Instead of using the poorly-designed factory clips that are rivetted to the OEM hardboard, I installed some "j-nuts" onto the edge of the "B" pillar moldings and then used black uphholstery screws that thread into the j-nuts (3 on each side).