project: half-a-Jeep, the MJ trailer (now with Rubi rims)

get the yard to use the forklift :D  

but if I'm at the house, I screw a couple 2x4s to the existing 2x4s to make a ramp off the side of the trailer.  :L:  they don't weigh much so it's pretty easy to slide up the ramp. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

last night another bed was delivered to my house (huge thanks to Tex06!) and with my back mess up I figured the easiest way to unload was to just slide it over to the trailer on 2x4s to bridge the gap.  worked like a charm. :D 

20201206_092109.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

upgrade achieved. :D  picked myself up a longbed over-the-rail Comanche liner for a whole 50 bucks. 

20210501_155710.jpg

on the downside, I had to leave the Duraliner behind and so I no longer own an example of each brand of liner made. :( 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hanging on to the red one for now.  but if you want a replacement header, I'll see what I can dig up before I head north. :L:   I've passed on a bunch lately that had minor cracks.  guess I should stop doing that.  :laugh:  

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I'm hanging on to the red one for now.  but if you want a replacement header, I'll see what I can dig up before I head north. :L:   I've passed on a bunch lately that had minor cracks.  guess I should stop doing that.  :laugh:  

I cut too much metal to get one to bolt back up. Thank you though for the offer. Leafs will be a welcome edition to the ax15. 

• 1 year later...

it's amazing what some hot glue and paint will do.  these are the busted up tails I've had on the trailer this entire time (I'm not putting nice things on the back of the trailer until I get it to a car show).  inspired by a painted pair I just sold, I bought some black and clear and started gluing them back together.  after bringing the tails into the house I discovered a wasp in one.  she was unhappy about that, but I took the housing outside and she flew off.  her nest was not so lucky.

they look fantastic from 20 ft. :D  I assure you, these are horrible tails.   but regardless, weather permitting I hope to get them installed in the morning.

IMG_7240.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

got some goodies off an '86 XJ at the junkyard and one of those things was a pair of beat up AMC mudflaps so I figured they should go on the '86 trailer.   :grinyes:  being from an XJ I had to figure out how exactly to attach them.  close enough for the half-a-jeep  :D 

IMG_20221024_155203_762.jpg

IMG_20221024_155136_033.jpg

IMG_20221024_152641_264.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...