4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

What chasis harness did you end up going with? 

It's a universal 21 circuit GM style harness, I think a PSI replica.

But it's nicely labeled and has the plugs that work with the GM column and headlight switches already.

Anything that's not pre terminated I am using Deutsch DT 

Just patiently waiting for the LS3 to be ready...tons of little "busy" tasks to do in the meantime.

Got the oil cooler mounted, steering brace installed, both engines/chassis harnesses installed, bucket seats installed, resealed the engine.

Engine needs an intake, and then it can be installed and dressed.

The truck needs rad mounts redone, and then engine installed & finished wired.

20240724_090640.jpg

17218304194326872510932672968248.jpg

Just dropping some good info here:

Firstly DBW Throttle pedal for Gen 4 LS engines:

The Gen 4 DBW system unlike the Gen 3 DBW system does NOT have a TAC module. This makes it a simpler system, less parts/wiring etc.

There are a few options for Gen 4 pedals. Corvette, Camaro, GMT-900 truck, and van. The truck one absoultely does not work, wrong shape/mounting and its plastic so modifications just can't happen.

Camaro looks like it may work.

C6 Corvette is the simplest, it actually mounts halfway similar to how the XJ/MJ pedal mounts. Albeit, it bends the wrong direction. Luckily it is stamped steel of some sort, soft enough to put in a strong vise and bend by hand. First, flatten the existing bends out of the pedal, and then reverse the bends using heat if desired (I did not)

I used the stock bottom stud to mount the pedal, and popped up the stock upper stud, then redrilled a new upper fastener where it was needed. 

The C6 corvette pedal mounting modification took all of 20-30 mins with 3 guess/check bends. 

20240719_145930.jpg

20240720_143100.jpg

20240720_143121.jpg

20240720_143108.jpg

20240719_145918.jpg

20240719_145907.jpg

Second, Oil Coolers:

I repurposed my old 4L80E cooler for an engine oil cooler since the LS3 I am using needed one.

Admittedly this cooler is insanely oversized for what it is now doing. 

The cooler is a Derale 13760, it is a 46,000 BTU/HR cooler. This will DEFINITELY need to be on a thermostatic switch as it will overcool the engine oil. FYI, engine oil needs to be at or above 210* to burn off contaminants and any water that may have accumulated. 

But with my swap, I am not using the factory coolant tank up in the passenger area near the firewall. So I used the upper pinch seam with some rivet nuts and hung the cooler in that area. It would have been ideal to get this over in the driver side, since that is where the lines terminate, but it just wasnt working out cleanly. Also, when/if I dove nose this jeep, it can remain in the passenger firewall area. The area I chose isnt ideal for cooling efficiency, but with this over-spec'd cooler I am sure itll be fine. I have other Hood Ventilation plans too. This location will not work with AC-Equipped swaps. But there is enough room for Heater core hoses. 

20240722_203910.jpg

20240722_203917.jpg

20240722_203914.jpg

Couple of questions:

1. did you choose the DBW set up or were you forced into it because of engine/ECU choice? 

2. Would you rather a DBW or DBC throttle set up? 

3. Why not mount the oil cooler on the frame, closer to the oil pan? 

1 hour ago, TurboedMJ said:

Couple of questions:

1. did you choose the DBW set up or were you forced into it because of engine/ECU choice? 

2. Would you rather a DBW or DBC throttle set up? 

3. Why not mount the oil cooler on the frame, closer to the oil pan? 

1 - Gen 4 LS engines don't have the DBC option if you intend to use a GM ECU

2 - Ill let you know when its running LOL, don't know yet

3 - There is absolutely no chance it would fit anywhere along the frame rail up front lol, plus it is totally out of harms way where it is

• 2 weeks later...

Have been plugging away at things daily on this truck, but nothing thats very visually apparent lol

Got the fuel system wrapped up, switched from rail return style (how it was with the old engine) to return from the adjustable regulator, new lines etc...

Got the Headers/Exhaust hooked back up, had to cut and smash a couple pieces that were now in conflict with the different bellhousing shape. Also made one cut for ease of removability in the future.

Got the plugs/wires/coils installed (this is actually pretty tough to do on this truck, with the headers I purchased, takes about a whole day for 8 plugs)

Got the intake manifold mounted for good.

This evening I received my intake setup, its a 4'' NNBS 07-13 Silverado 1500 V8 kit, $60 on ebay. Had to make one cut to change the side/angle of the 45* section, but otherwise fits great and is plug and play for the TB, MAF, etc. The offset filter mount in this kit is absolutely a life saver, it would not work if I could not offset the filter. A 45* elbow might be a nice addition near the filter too, but it works for now, if it tears Ill replace it.

20240809_220936.jpg

20240809_220931.jpg

41 minutes ago, Comanche SS said:

Have been plugging away at things daily on this truck, but nothing thats very visually apparent lol

Got the fuel system wrapped up, switched from rail return style (how it was with the old engine) to return from the adjustable regulator, new lines etc...

Got the Headers/Exhaust hooked back up, had to cut and smash a couple pieces that were now in conflict with the different bellhousing shape. Also made one cut for ease of removability in the future.

Got the plugs/wires/coils installed (this is actually pretty tough to do on this truck, with the headers I purchased, takes about a whole day for 8 plugs)

Got the intake manifold mounted for good.

This evening I received my intake setup, its a 4'' NNBS 07-13 Silverado 1500 V8 kit, $60 on ebay. Had to make one cut to change the side/angle of the 45* section, but otherwise fits great and is plug and play for the TB, MAF, etc. The offset filter mount in this kit is absolutely a life saver, it would not work if I could not offset the filter. A 45* elbow might be a nice addition near the filter too, but it works for now, if it tears Ill replace it.

20240809_220936.jpg

20240809_220931.jpg

Out of curiosity, is you ps pump mounted below the alternator or what is your accessory configuration? 

1 minute ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Out of curiosity, is you ps pump mounted below the alternator or what is your accessory configuration? 

Aftermarket LS1 style accesory brackets.

Corvette pump, undersized pulley. Still need to get a reservoir mounted

20240806_091659.jpg

38 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Awesome, thanks! Do you know what offset you’re using? Looks like stock -1 corvette offset but hard to tell. What bracket setup is that? 

Yeah Corvette spacing. Just an ict kit, I'd have to look back in my receipts for the actual model

1 hour ago, Comanche SS said:

Aftermarket LS1 style accesory brackets.

Corvette pump, undersized pulley. Still need to get a reservoir mounted

20240806_091659.jpg

My thoughts were in connection with the PS reservoir. Do you happen to know what you’re going to be using yet?

6 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

My thoughts were in connection with the PS reservoir. Do you happen to know what you’re going to be using yet?

This bracket kit supposedly uses the stock Vette reservoir, I plan to try that once the lines and intake are final routed 

15 hours ago, Comanche SS said:

This bracket kit supposedly uses the stock Vette reservoir, I plan to try that once the lines and intake are final routed 

Gotcha. Been looking for an alternative ps reservoir to the vette unit as it interferes with the intake tubing in my setup. Let me know if it works for you or if you come up with an alternative

I used a G8 remote reservoir for a little while. The pump didn't like the extended hose length, made a lot of not good noises. Went back to the standard corvette setup with the tank right above the pump. No more noises

20210314_102101.jpg.e5f425892ad6c8bcdc269796b1f41705.jpg

20210314_102105.jpg.13ae521c77606fd873a27691c13bac1d.jpg

1 hour ago, Limeyjeeper said:

I used a G8 remote reservoir for a little while. The pump didn't like the extended hose length, made a lot of not good noises. Went back to the standard corvette setup with the tank right above the pump. No more noises

20210314_102101.jpg.e5f425892ad6c8bcdc269796b1f41705.jpg

20210314_102105.jpg.13ae521c77606fd873a27691c13bac1d.jpg

Sounds like thats the move then! Its unfortunate because I really like the G8 Reservoir location.