Smittybilt winches?

I had a warn 9.5ti, and loved it, but it wouldn't fit in my XJ ARB. :cry:

For $315 shipped, I think I might give it a try. It's still better than no winch at all.

I've been there when you need a winch and don't have one, And that Sucks.

After reading the 'article' on JeepForum, I wouldn't even condsider that winch with an ARB.

If you look at the M8000, when you put it in the ARB the cable actually feeds out the bottom of the winch.

That SmittyBuilt winch has no supports across the bottom of the winch. So you would be winching across the side with no supports on it.

That SmittyBuilt winch has no supports across the bottom of the winch. So you would be winching across the side with no supports on it.
My sister's warn m8000 doesnt either. the bolts that go into the bumper provide your lateral strength, those bars would do very little, no real need for the lower bars.

My sister's warn m8000 doesnt either. the bolts that go into the bumper provide your lateral strength, those bars would do very little, no real need for the lower bars.

My M8000 has the bars,

The bars provide additional lateral support for off-center pulls.

My M8000 has the bars,

The bars provide additional lateral support for off-center pulls.

Maybe it does have bars on the bottom... It's a few hundred miles away in Westchester county right now, so I can't simply look at it...

I too am a diehard Warn fan, owned about 8 winch's, all warn, including the two I have now. I did consider a cheaper winch for my DD since it will get minimal use (at least thats the plan). I ended up getting an ARB bumper and Warn 9k winch used for what I would pay for just the bumper, so I went that route.

I would consider the winch you have pictured as long as you don't plan on using it all that much, for the money it seems decent.