New MJ Parts at Tomken

tomken

Check out what is new at Tomken. We just finished the MJ with the Tomken 8" long arm front lift for theXJ and a spring over in the rear. New rear bumper and YESSSSS 2x4 rock bars.

photo_19.jpg[/url]

photo_20.jpg[/url]

photo_21.jpg[/url]

What needs to be done to fit the longarm?

is it a complete kit i.e. springs and bolts and all or is there extra stuff to be purchased?

Cole

It uses all the Tomken XJ 8" kit except the leafs. The truck already had our 4" lift on it with 4" leaf but I do not know where they came from but we did a spring over with those. You will need a CV Style drive shaft and a tail shaft conversion and the fenders wells will need to be trimmed for 35" tires.

you guys gonna make longbed rockers Ha! it's wierd jeep sold more longbeds than short ones yet noone makes sliders for them.

When I can find a long bed that I can have for a few days when we are not so busy we will do don't give up on us.

more info on the rails and mounting pics

They are made of 2 x 4 rect steel with closed ends and mount to the frame rail. Powder coated black Will hold up to use with the hi-lift jack. Will have to get pics of mnt brkts for you later, camera went on the blink today sorry

It looks like its a nice bumper. Its really smooth and clean. I'm not gonna say anything about the price cause the time and all needs to be figured in with the demand and materials for these...

I will say though that as an owner myself I would never buy a bumper with out the D-ring tabs, especially on a Comanche because they can be used as tie down points as well for something to pull on. Just something for you guys to think about if you tweak the design.

Thanks for some aftermarket support for MJ's

I will say though that as an owner myself I would never buy a bumper with out the D-ring tabs, especially on a Comanche because they can be used as tie down points as well for something to pull on. Just something for you guys to think about if you tweak the design.

I agree. Would it be possible to add in more corner protection, like this (for an idea)?:

Bring it up to the wheel well though. jamminz.gif

I don't mind paying $500 for a rear bumper as you are the only ones that i know of that make one ok. But at that price I would expect it as said before to have d rings. Or even some recessed light holes that would be cool too.. Just a thought to make your product more appealing..

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like its a nice bumper. Its really smooth and clean. I'm not gonna say anything about the price cause the time and all needs to be figured in with the demand and materials for these...

We do offer this rear bumper with D-ring mounts TMR-0743-B $534.00 I am still working with our web host on getting all items on our web site. All of our front bumper for the XJ work with the MJ and have the option of D-ring mounts that can also be used with our tow bar> Thank you for the imput.

Here's a plug for your XJ front bumper (pulling out a tree stump in my yard a couple weeks ago). I bought it used, so I can't complain that it doesn't have D rings. The only thing I'd recommend is that you make the framerail tie in plates longer, to grab the rear bolt that the factory tow hook brackets use. Right now I've got the bumper plates sandwiched inbetween the framerails and the hook brackets, until I can make new full length plates.

Jeff

Image Not Found

:eek: wow 550 thats a bit steep... :roll:
It better have a tire carrier and rear winch mount for that price!

Sliders I would say are right on.

I wouldn't go that far yet. It really all depends on the mounting system. That's what makes and breaks a "rock rail's" capabilities. umn.gif

And a picture is worth a thousand words :brows:

I'm just hoping the long bed manche rails aren't toooooo expensive. Either way i'll be watching this thread fo sho :popcorn: