89eliminator, did they ask if they could use this?

JeepcoMJ

hey that is my truck

when i got my truck repainted i got the ELIMINATOR decals from a local sticker shop too. they made 4 so i had 2 extra. i sold them to some guy on ebay and that was that. don't ask me how they got a picture of my truck

yea, he didn't respond to my question about it...

I will go ahead and say it, IF you have a problem with it, you CAN tell him and he really would have to pay for that picture...:P

how was the trip?

• 1 year later...

and my message to him;

Do you always steal pictures of people's jeeps WITHOUT ASKING THEM?

I know the owner of that jeep PERSONALLY and have helped him work on it many times. I wheel with him regularly, and he has NOT granted you permission to use his pictures.

Ask first. you want to do it the right way? joing http://comancheclub.com/forums and send 89eliminator a personal message ASKING for permission.

Shame on you, making money off of other people's hard work...he's worked his @$$ off to build that rig, and NOT for someone like you to extort.

-Pat

hey that is my truck

when i got my truck repainted i got the ELIMINATOR decals from a local sticker shop too. they made 4 so i had 2 extra. i sold them to some guy on ebay and that was that. don't ask me how they got a picture of my truck

Remember I pointed out to you that your truck popped up in the first page of a google image search for "Jeep Comanche"?

hey that is my truck

Remember I pointed out to you that your truck popped up in the first page of a google image search for "Jeep Comanche"?

that is true. but the pic he is using is from a long time ago, close to 3 years ago.

Hey Wade, at least the guy has good taste and knows a good looking MJ when he sees it. :cheers:

you are right, sir. i don't even care that he is using my picture, not like i copyrighted it or anything.

Not that it should change your opinion, but the pic was copyrighted at the instant of its creation, and the copyright is owned by the person who took the pic. That's the law.

Hey Wade, at least the guy has good taste and knows a good looking MJ when he sees it. :cheers:

you are right, sir. i don't even care that he is using my picture, not like i copyrighted it or anything.

Not that it should change your opinion, but the pic was copyrighted at the instant of its creation, and the copyright is owned by the person who took the pic. That's the law.

yup exactly.....and what if he was the one who took the photo?

He? He who? The eBay guy? :D

Unless the photo was taken by someone acting within the scope of his employment (among other limited exceptions), then the photog owns the copyright. The law is pretty clear on this.

Whether the copyright owner has the right to publish the photo is another question, the answer to which is well beyond the scope of a simple internet post. But owning the copyright does not trump the rights others might have in the subject matter of the photo.

He? He who? The eBay guy? :D

Unless the photo was taken by someone acting within the scope of his employment (among other limited exceptions), then the photog owns the copyright. The law is pretty clear on this.

Whether the copyright owner has the right to publish the photo is another question, the answer to which is well beyond the scope of a simple internet post. But owning the copyright does not trump the rights others might have in the subject matter of the photo.

I was just pointing out that if the seller was the one who took the photo then it would be another story.