NZ couple to name child Superman

rockhardzj

_44047020_4real_8aug203i.jpg

A couple in New Zealand is planning to call their newborn son Superman after officials rejected their original choice of 4Real.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton have been frustrated by rules in New Zealand banning names that begin with a number.

Mum and Dad decided to call their son 4Real after seeing an ultrasound image of him. It was then they realised that their baby was "for real".

They are considering legal action to force officials to reverse the ruling.

Name game

The name might sound more like a comedian's catchphrase or a fruit juice, but the Wheatons were deadly serious.

Sadly for them, the authorities in New Zealand did not share their enthusiasm for the unusual - their choice was rejected by the country's registrar of births, deaths and marriages.

The rules state that first names starting with a number are not allowed.

The law also advises parents to avoid names that could cause their child to be teased or made fun of.

Undeterred, the Wheatons now plan to call their newborn son Superman, but have said they will refer to him as 4Real.

The baby's family argues that if people can be known as John Williams III, for example, then why can a number not be used at the beginning of a name?

Officials in New Zealand have been involved in similar disputes before.

In the past they have had to intervene to stop parents naming their offspring Satan and Adolf Hitler.

I named my little girl Dakota at the time it was not a very common name and the wife wanted to name my other girl Montana. And there very close in age one is 6 and the other one is 5 so if the were to play ball together and were on the same team and was headed to the state tournament. I could see the sign now the state sister goes to state. Well in the end we named the youngest one Leah.

if they were gonna give him a name like superman they should have atleast made it a good superhero like batman jamminz.gif

or better yet optimus prime

exactly, i actually know a guy named Peter Parker (Spiderman) and Dennis Mitchell (Dennis the Menace) :brows:

Some people should not be allowed to breed.

*Raises hand* :roll:

Joe, sorry to say, but regarding you...

:agree: yeahthat.gif

haha dude your awesome tho...

That's the highlight of my day so far. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Although, just me is torture enough to the world, could ya imagine a mini-me running around? That would more than likely be the end of the world. Come to think of it, with the December 12, 2012 thread going, maybe it means that I will end up having a kid, but it won't be for another 5 years. :nuts: :cheers: :roll: :eek: :D Yes, I know that's a lot of smilies, but they all fit.

if they were gonna give him a name like superman they should have atleast made it a good superhero like batman jamminz.gif

or better yet optimus prime

HAHAHA have you seen the dane cook stand up about naming kids?! HILARIOUS. (he wants his kids named optimus prime and megatron..)

:bowdown: