Black w. Chrome Trim Dash Bezel

HOrnbrod

19 minutes ago, Swampy said:

What do you mean without the radio hole blown out? haha

Looks like someone took a dremel or similar to the radio hole to put in an aftermarket radio. Don has a factory radio in his truck so it would stick out like a sore thumb.

DZy3oorl.jpg

3 hours ago, Minuit said:

Looks like someone took a dremel or similar to the radio hole to put in an aftermarket radio. Don has a factory radio in his truck so it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Ahhh I see it now

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheJeepNut said:

If you've got a decent starting point, perhaps this gent can resolve the chroming issue.

I've not had any work done yet, just one of the many links I've been browsing for 30 years...

http://chrometechusa.com/index.html

Or you could just go hog wild and gold leaf the shiny edges... :brows:

Thanks - I'll give him a shout.  

• 5 weeks later...

OkQ5Yph.jpg

XPG6Lcy.jpg

8Wz1b7H.jpg

Overall the condition is very good, no scratches or dings or wear. 

The chrome may not be as good as I thought now that I look at it. I was saving this for myself but if you or someone else wants it, I'll let it go. 

It's just dirty from sitting in the garage, needs to be cleaned. 

Thanks for posting it up. It's looks good but the chrome needs touching up. I think back when these were manufactured the "silver/chrome" paint technology was lacking compared to todays, and even a new-in-the-box bezel would probably look aged. It just doesn't hold up like today's chrome accent colors do.

• 1 month later...

About 4 or 5 years ago no. But now anything past 97 is starting to dry up in a ton of yards. Old stuff has been getting crunched everwhere. Many yards are just starting a crunch policy for cars after 10 years old. I don't understand it. From what feedback I'm getting from yard owners is that metal prices being low for so long is what kept cars there to begin with. Soon as it rose again a little its crunch fever. Now with the tarif changes that Trump may impose will effect steel prices so yards are scrambling and have been to crunch as much as possible bfore steel plummets. Get to know the owners guys and pick their brains at the honey spots they are people too. Most of these owners arent dumb hillbillies but wealthy business men who have been in some kind of racing circuit for years and are well connected with other yards from both the racing circuits and bussiness. They also have an xtreme knowledge at times. Most of my finds are from JoeBob callin JimBob to help this HoBob out!