np 231 problems

ok ive got some issues that i need to fix asap but i don't know what to fix.

i have a noise coming from my tcase. it sounded like my drive chain stretched and was rubbing against the case so i replaced the chain, it still made the noise after the new chain was in so i did some experimenting. with the tcase in neutral and tranny in drive i can hear it if i go underneath the truck. it still sounds just like the chain rubbing but the chain isnt even spinning when the tcase is in neutral. what is spinning in the tcase while in the neutral position? any ideas?

are you telling us you didn't check EVERYTHING while you had it apart? :nuts: you KNOW that leads to :wall: :headpop: :mad: :hateputers: :oops: :redX: :redX: and much :cheers: before you go :nuts: and pull the t-case out of the comanche.gif and :wrench: it then are all like :jump: :banana: after we :thwak: you pretty good.

and most of you are like :huh???: after this post. all I have to say is :dunno: I'm gonna go :driving: my comancheB.gif now.

by the way, I expect your post to generate alot of :papers: :eek: :nanner:

ignore the weiner's sarcasm.

shoulda checked for slop in other things, but you've atleast started to sortof narrow down the problems.

that wasn't sarcasm. btw my wiener is alot bigger than yours colton. steph said so :P

j/k on that one. but it wasn't sarcasm

ignore the weiner's sarcasm.

shoulda checked for slop in other things, but you've atleast started to sortof narrow down the problems.

that wasn't sarcasm. btw my wiener is alot bigger than yours colton. steph said so :P

j/k on that one. but it wasn't sarcasm

quit sniffin glue

we all know your 3.8 Manche is powered by a hampster running the wheel.

What's a hampster? I always thought that was somebody from one of the Hampton-named towns on Long Island (NY).

Oh! You meant hamster, one of those little furry critters like my sister used to have when she was a kid.

I had a noise from my 231 tc after wheeling. It was banging pretty good. My first thought was the old J8134488 transfer case output shaft snap ring. It was broken, I replaced it and thought it was ok. Still banging and it was pretty bad. I pulled the tc in my driveway, knocked it apart and it was toast. I have never seen an oil pump that was stripped, and shafts had bent teeth, it was done. I pulled a 231 from my 90 XJ, and rather than just put it in there, I had to see what it looked like inside since the Jeep had about 210K on the clock. It was good to go. All the shift fork pads were good and it was super clean inside. I put it back together and I hope to have the Jeep back on the road this weekend.

Good luck with yours.

we all know your 3.8 Manche is powered by a hampster running the wheel.
3 hampster power!!!
Don't forget the .8 hamster
Well, the 4th hampster is missing some toes or mayb e a whole leg or something....

Gimpy little aminal...