My dream tow rig...

rockhardzj

0704dp_03_z+2006_ford_f550_cummins+front_angle.jpg

(click the big image for the article!)

Saw it in Diesel Power magazine a few months back. It's probably the best purpose built rig I have seen. It has a Cummins 5.9 with some nice performance mods, and some other fun stuff.

Although, for my own, I'm thinking a little something extra to really set it apart. The frame would end up being way stronger than a stock F550, and the rear axle would be a slightly narrowed rear axle out of a big rig. My color choice would be either dark metallic blue, or metallic black, either of which with a little ghostly design tossed in to keep it original. I want my truck to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. :eek:

Anybody have a 98-06 f250-550 cab and front clip they would like to donate? :D

I see a large problem. It has the blue oval syndrome.
That would be replaced with a Peterbuilt emblem, any of those blue ovals.and it will also get the Cummins emblem on the fenders as well. even the steering wheel will see a Peterbuilt emblem. Custom bades would be made to make it a "P550". the XLT package would be a must, however, for the comfort. It will be like no other.

well you know what they say about fords, "90% of all fords ever built are still on the road today

the other 10 % got to where they were going. :D

That would be replaced with a Peterbuilt emblem, any of those blue ovals.and it will also get the Cummins emblem on the fenders as well. even the steering wheel will see a Peterbuilt emblem. Custom bades would be made to make it a "P550". the XLT package would be a must, however, for the comfort. It will be like no other.

My Comanche will eventually have a Peterbilt emblem too (but for a slightly different reason). :D

My Comanche will eventually have a Peterbilt emblem too (but for a slightly different reason). :D

lol :jump:

Your cab would probably fall apart around you.
Well, to be honest, my step brother has a 98 Dodge 3500 or whatever (gas one, but even still) and the interior comfort leave a bit to be desired, looks and comfort. Outside, I don't like the Dodge's styling, looks like a overweight pig that feeds on lard all day. My dad has a 2006 Chevy 1500, and although it looks fairly nice, again it leaves alot to be desired in comfort and a bit in looks inside, although, not as bad. The 98.5-06 Ford F250-550, A few buddies have them, and interior aesthetics and comfort are top notch, nothing overlooked in my opinion, and everything the driver needs to mess with and touch is within a short reach, making it the most desirable. I also used to drive a commercial F450 for my old work as few years back, one with a PowerStroke, and I never had a problem with the PowerStroke (it was a 99 with the 7.3L). There was also an 01 F350 with the triton V10 which always had problems. But the interior comfort was still pretty good considering it had a bench, the 99 had buckets, and far exceeded the bench.

i hear that a lot about rams

Perhaps.

If it happens my 6BT and associated parts will go into something else... I know somebody that has a 57 chevy that's longing for a cummins. It'd make a badass tow rig.

rockhard...

you're a nutter if you are of the opinion that Ford interiors and comfort are superior to those of ANY other vehicle.

man, talk about a hard ride, and poor design. they feel like a work truck, they look like a work truck, yet sadly, they don't uphold to the qualities of a worktruck.

y'all should buy a lil vw caddy..now THATS comfort :brows: jamminz.gif

i hear that a lot about rams

Perhaps.

If it happens my 6BT and associated parts will go into something else... I know somebody that has a 57 chevy that's longing for a cummins. It'd make a badass tow rig.

don't get me wrong i do like rams up until '01, its just that i fell that there quality has gone down since then, especially their interior panels

rockhard...

you're a nutter if you are of the opinion that Ford interiors and comfort are superior to those of ANY other vehicle.

man, talk about a hard ride, and poor design. they feel like a work truck, they look like a work truck, yet sadly, they don't uphold to the qualities of a worktruck.

y'all should buy a lil vw caddy..now THATS comfort :brows: jamminz.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, I never mentioned the ride quality, only the looks/comfort, from a stand still perspective. Although, I find Fords are middle of the road for ride quality, My dad's GMC seems to be top notch for a smooth ride, and Dodge is inferior to both when it comes to hitting the NY potholes.

say what you want, but in this area ford's are king when it comes to farm trucks.

everything else falls/rusts apart, but there's an awful lot of those 80's F250s running around here everyday.

that said, if I had the cash to drop on a brandy new rig, it'd probably have a duramax in it.

say what you want, but in this area ford's are king when it comes to farm trucks.

everything else falls/rusts apart, but there's an awful lot of those 80's F250s running around here everyday.

that said, if I had the cash to drop on a brandy new rig, it'd probably have a duramax in it.

Around here, the Fords seem to dominate all the Bow Ties, and Rams.

Also, are some of you basing your answers on what other's have told you?

My views are from first hand experience.

i like the back seat in my dads 99 250 CC its big and its like a couch, his 06 350 CC is nice too but i like a rear bench over a 60/40 any day, i think the Superduty was the largest cab until the goofy mega cab came out which is narrower but longer and ugly

Nah, I know that ford's last a long time, it's just that I grew up in a ford loving family, so I switched to liking mopars just to piss them off. Coming from a derbying past, I actually prefer to run either old mopars or fords because of their reliability and strength. Plus from my own personal experience, I've not yet been able to blow up a ford 5.0. Although a chevy 5.0 is fairly easy for me to blow up.

Nah, I know that ford's last a long time, it's just that I grew up in a ford loving family, so I switched to liking mopars just to piss them off. Coming from a derbying past, I actually prefer to run either old mopars or fords because of their reliability and strength. Plus from my own personal experience, I've not yet been able to blow up a ford 5.0. Although a chevy 5.0 is fairly easy for me to blow up.

yeah, there's a ton of fox body mustangs around here with 5.0's that should have died a long time ago.

it's a hard motor to kill.

I've never cared for Ford's fit and finish, they always seem to creak/rattle and groan after a year, but for longevity they're well proven around here.

Around here, the Fords seem to dominate all the Bow Ties, and Rams.

Around here it seems the dodge is the truck of choice.

I have always been a chevy guy my whole life but when it came to buy a new truck the druamax was way out of my price rance at the time but it what I whould have prefered also. I am 100% anti ford.

I'm a big fan of the cummins but a first time dodge owner. Not really crazy about the styling and the interrior is a little cheep and the seats are a little uncomfortable but all and all I am happy with the dodge. I beat the piss out of it and it tows like a SOB with the 6 speed and a couple engine mods.

And they don't look to shabby with a couple things done to them

do I see a photo opp???

479208_115_full.jpg

479208_114_full.jpg

Like Izuzu's that much?? (God, that burns up Chev-heads to point out their cherished Duramax is a Jap.)

I only buy Ford's for my trucks at work. We have an 89 that has about 500k miles on the damn thing. Yea, it looks like complete crap, and it rides like a work truck. But that isn't why we bought them. I wish we could have kept all the 7.3l around. The first few 6.0l we got were not good trucks at all. But they seem to have the problems worked out.

My boss lost one to many trannys in his Dodge for us to ever buy one.

Did I not say, mine will not be anything ford beyond the body?

It would be custom built from the ground up. :D

Same here (Ford circled the problem) If I don't sell it, the 304/727 and Dodge (or Jeep, depending what front diff I get) NP208.