Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Tires

Never tried Cooper tires of any kind and I see they normally get excellent customer ratings. Anyone using or have used their A/T3 or ATP tires? Mostly interested in their street characteristics, handling in the rain, how well they wear, and noise rating.

I haven't used the specific tires you mentioned, but I beat the snot out of a set of their old AT's on a Chevy 2500 work truck. They were smooth, had plenty of traction, and weren't any noisier than the Bridgestone AT's they replaced. Cooper makes a flat out great tire.

I work at a tire shop. I personally have the at3s on my 99 Sierra and absolutely love them. I am constantly seeing people replace them because of old age and sun cracked before tread is wore out. My manager also has a set on his lifted explorer and loves them. For me they perform great on road and just as good as any A/T out there in the rain or snow. I had no problem driving through the snow in the Sierra Nevadas with them how ever the snow was hard packed. If u want something more aggressive look into the dick cepek extreme or fun countrys. I LOVE the extremes in 31s on my MJ

I run the ATPs on both my MJ and my Cummins. I love them! The ATP is a Discount Tire Direct only tire. The AT3 can be found a lot easier. I went with the ATPs because they are slightly more aggressive. I have 30k on them on the Dodge and they look almost new. The MJ's tires have about 10k on them and they have not worn at all. They do hum ever so slightly. I knew they would by their tread pattern though. 4db8fa0ff8eb6adbbca668c7bce0c6c5.jpg

Thanks Bo and everyone else for the comments. I took advantage of Discount Tires' Labor Day sale going on today and tomorrow and ordered a set of Cooper A/T3's. Rebates totaling $155 plus their free shipping make it a no-brainer. Those ATP's look great, but where I drive I don't really need tires that aggressive or heavy.   :yes: Looking forward to getting them mounted up.  :cheers:

Labor day sale???? Hmmm ;) The AT3 is a nice tire. You will like them.

I put AT3's on my 86 rust bucket (265/75r15) and liked them so much, I put them on my Land Cruiser this year (265/75r16). The MJ has the STD load SUV tire while the Cruiser has the Load Range E Light Truck tire. I cannot hear the tire under the Cruiser at all and certainly not under MJ. I have found the AT3 to stick well to wet or dry pavement and it tracks straight. Unlike some tires, it doesn't seem to be be 'steered' by road conditions. The AT3 is a very unassuming tire that will surprise.

I would love to check out the ATP, but I don't even know where a Discount Tire store is located in my area.

In 2008 I bought my first set of Cooper tires for my TJ, the STT. At the time Cooper wasn't real popular among Jeep people as they were still new in the off road market. That set of tires is now at 53k miles on the TJ and need replaced, but have been exceptional since day one. I think that is great mileage out of an abused mud tire on a Wrangled. For the replacement, I will be going with Cooper again since I've had such good luck. The problem I am having is picking a tire...they have too many options nowadays!

Good to hear. The 265/75r15's were the tires I ordered. With Discount Tire Directs' sale and discounts, the AT3's came out to $87.50 each ($350 total) shipped fm. GA overnight to my door. I couldn't beat that anywhere else.

There are classified as light truck tires, standard load, 4-ply. Plenty for me.

If you order use the Discount Tire Direct web site for the sales / rebate info. I called my order in and glommed another small discount off the top. I hate calling retailers but this outfit is great to deal with. Have purchased many tires from them over the years and use their "Customer Care" card whenever I purchase. .

I never knew Discount Tire had an online store. I must admit that I don't see anything that resembles a substantial savings on their web store, only a $75 prepaid Visa card...and a $60 visa if purchased with their credit card. I've been screwed out of 'rebates' before and don't trust the process. Hats off to you if it works!

You did good convincing me to stop procrastinating about tires Don ;) I am going to stop by my tire guy this afternoon and see what he can do for me. So far he has been able beat any deal I could find.

There are classified as light truck tires, standard load, 4-ply. Plenty for me.

If you order use the Discount Tire Direct web site for the sales / rebate info. I called my order in and glommed another small discount off the top. I hate calling retailers but this outfit is great to deal with. Have purchased many tires from them over the years and use their "Customer Care" card whenever I purchase. .

I've also been very impressed with Discount Tire Direct.  When it was time to replace the Michelins (265/75-16) on my Silverado, I took the deal I could get from Discount Tire to three local shops, and said if they could match it, they had a sale.  None could.  Their holiday sales+discounts+rebates+free shipping=win.

I have had the Cooper AT3 in 235/75-15 on my truck for nearly 3 years and 14k miles.  Still have lots of tread left, still nice and quiet on the road and runs nice. No dry rot showing or funny wear.  They ride great, grip well on pavement, are ok in the snow and amazing in the wet.  I'm quite impressed with them and would buy another set if/when given the chance.  For the money you can't go wrong with them IMHO.  I got them at a local shop during a sale for $103 installed a wheel with an extra $18 a pop for road hazard that I paid for.

• 4 years later...
On 5/24/2016 at 12:16 PM, Megadan said:

I have had the Cooper AT3 in 235/75-15 on my truck for nearly 3 years and 14k miles.  Still have lots of tread left, still nice and quiet on the road and runs nice. No dry rot showing or funny wear.  They ride great, grip well on pavement, are ok in the snow and amazing in the wet.  I'm quite impressed with them and would buy another set if/when given the chance.  For the money you can't go wrong with them IMHO.  I got them at a local shop during a sale for $103 installed a wheel with an extra $18 a pop for road hazard that I paid for.

Bringing up this old thread.  I found it searching for tires.  I love this place!  "and amazing in the wet" is just what I was looking for!