Getting Things done vs. Procrastination

rockhardzj

In the past week, what have you accomplished, and what have you put off again?

Accomplished: New rear axle in my ZJ so it doesn't make a horrid sound while going down the road, the nex axle has the same problem, but not nearly as bad, so when I get the cash, I'm going to send it to my buddy and have him fix the pinion bearings...

Procrastinated: YJ needs another new u-joint. We thought the tranny mount was on it's way out, but the other day, the the tranny was shaking side to side worse and worse at such a fast interval that when I looked underneath, the u-joint was about 30* off where it was supposed to be, problem found... Now, I need to get it done, and I've put it off for 4 days now...

Accomplished: Pretty much NADA. Ran some ideas through my head, welded up my header, mocked up the location of a few things.

Put Off: Didn't bother to phone and see if my tube is in to pick up, haven't gone to the walk in clinic (I ain't dead, so I'll be okay), haven't sold the XJ, didn't swap distributors, didn't plumb my radiator, didn't talk to the propane shop, didn't weld in extra rock slider braces, didn't buy any parts other than ones I don't need, and a whole lot more.

Accomplished: Went to work every day. Motor's ready to pull on Monday. Built a Boomerang.

Procrastinated: Didn't go to Transformers.

Not going to Transformers almost ruined my week, but I did one of the few better things out there instead, so I'm good.

Accomplished - swapped both front and reaar axles in my TJ since Sunday afternoon. Including rebuilding everything except the ring and pinion(had a local shop do that). Checked on most of my parts shipments but can't seem to follow up on a console and some carpet.

Procrastinated - SYE Install(TJ), bumper install(TJ) and decal removal(MJ).

accomplished:

tore the heads off / timin cover /timing chain /oilpan etc.. on saturday and sunday it was almost ready to run just gota button up a few tings an wer good jamminz.gif

procrastinated:

beer drinkn and yard work :nuts:

all n all some what productive

I have been putting off lots of thins like

Procrastinated

Finish putting doubler together (need to buy a triple stick setup)

Pull drivetrain out of Pong (so I can start mocking up my engine)

Welding my center in my H1's (tacked in) and finish grinding rock rings(to make welds nice and flush and clean looking)

Cut and marked out 7 bumpers and brackets (waiting on new drill press and annular cutters to finish)

Accomplished

Working everyday this week which includes 3 triple time days :eek:

Keeping the wife happy

Buying more tools and parts

Accomplished: Went to JY and found a set of 99 XJ mirrors for the MJ plus the interior door handle with power from a 2dr XJ. Also cleared and cleaned alot of the garage so I can get more work done to the MJ.

Procrastinated: Pulling the rest of the parts of the MJ to get it ready for paint. Swapping the axles and t-case in the TJ. Yardwork

:cheers:

Acomplished: got the half-XJ on its stands in the garage.

Procrastinated: Took me several days to get around to it, but my procrastination paid off because Jared brought over a hilo today and that beats muscling around a cherry picker ANY day. :D

Procrastanate: Replace speedo cable...replace e-brakc cable...install Rockkrawler trackbar bracket and pitman arm...install p/s upper control arm...get started on my dual diaphram booster and XJ pro. valve swap...install f/r 4.10's and lockers...too much to list :D :D

Accomplished: Swap guage clusters with newer style...replaced leaky valve cover gasket...oil change and lube chassis...not much here because its just freakin hott and I'm lazy sometimes :chillin:

accomplished: wired up electric fans and free 10" sub/amp, bought brake pads and oil/filter; rented coil spring compressor

procrastinated: building the box for the sub and changing oil/brake pads :roll: didnt install coil spacers or shocks i bought