"Al Unser" Street Comanche - San Diego

Don I read both of those links the first time this truck came up. I still don't think it is real. Sadly, I think "Jeepnut" is blinded by the SC Koolaid. Being he is the guy running the registry.

It looks real, is it??? Is it a clone from a crashed or junked truck???

I saw many SCs in the SoCal bone yards in the mid 90s. Sadly, MJs and Jeeps were not my passion back then and they were nothing more than a cool Street truck to me.

Don I read both of those links the first time this truck came up. I still don't think it is real. Sadly, I think "Jeepnut" is blinded by the SC Koolaid. Being he is the guy running the registry.

It looks real, is it??? Is it a clone from a crashed or junked truck???

I saw many SCs in the SoCal bone yards in the mid 90s. Sadly, MJs and Jeeps were not my passion back then and they were nothing more than a cool Street truck to me.

Yeah Bo, I just put up those old posts for reference. I think it's a clone too. But it's a cool truck nevertheless.

This truck has been for sale with exactly the same ad for at least 2 years.  It shows up on the local Craigslist every few months.  Think the kid who purchased MJremi's real Street Comanche actually looked at it last year(?)

This truck has been for sale with exactly the same ad for at least 2 years.  It shows up on the local Craigslist every few months.  Think the kid who purchased MJremi's real Street Comanche actually looked at it last year(?)

I didn't get the chance to see it, but myself and the owner of the SC website both spoke to him. It is believed to be real, it all lines up. The badge is the only odd thing, and it has not been describable yet. I have the all the contact info and pictures of that truck if anyone is intrested to investigate for themselves. 

Are these more dealer specific? I've never seen one. They were not a factory option for a buyer were they?

Yes, some west coast dealer built about 150 of them. Someone will  probably chime in with the specifics.

From what I've researched they were dealer specific to a dealer that is no longer in business that was somewhere between Los Angeles and the border. No specific evidence I have seen where it was actually at. They were developed only in '87, or so we thought. Somewhere someone saw one listed as an '88 but no VIN info to run it, so could have been a miscommunication. There were 100 made total and documented. Less than half are accounted for currently on the SC registry. And for the question about the SC package, it was a body kit, and suspension. Finding an all original, all matching perfect condition one is next to impossible to find. Other than 24 and I believe 52 that are on the registry. Even mine is incomplete. It was swapped with an AX-15, and normal MJ suspension, Body kit is dissassembled. Head gasket is obliterated, gonna need an extensive rebuild or new entire engine. Doesnt have a D35 anymore, has normal MJ and XJ bumpers, Has Sahara rubicon rims. Mine won't ever be as glorious as an all original one, but the cool part about mine is that is accurately documented since '87. 

Are these more dealer specific? I've never seen one. They were not a factory option for a buyer were they?

Yes, some west coast dealer built about 150 of them. Someone will  probably chime in with the specifics.

From what I've researched they were dealer specific to a dealer that is no longer in business that was somewhere between Los Angeles and the border. No specific evidence I have seen where it was actually at. They were developed only in '87, or so we thought. Somewhere someone saw one listed as an '88 but no VIN info to run it, so could have been a miscommunication. There were 100 made total and documented. Less than half are accounted for currently on the SC registry. And for the question about the SC package, it was a body kit, and suspension. Finding an all original, all matching perfect condition one is next to impossible to find. Other than 24 and I believe 52 that are on the registry. Even mine is incomplete. It was swapped with an AX-15, and normal MJ suspension, Body kit is dissassembled. Head gasket is obliterated, gonna need an extensive rebuild or new entire engine. Doesnt have a D35 anymore, has normal MJ and XJ bumpers, Has Sahara rubicon rims. Mine won't ever be as glorious as an all original one, but the cool part about mine is that is accurately documented since '87. Any other questions pm me.