jeep lighting mods...

just curious about any custom addons or factory modifications people have done to their trucks.

ive done a headlight relay harness. and converted to XJW header. the headlight harness is probably the single best light upgrade you could doIMO.

mU8MgQUl.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I have done a Rampage brand Halogen clear lens headlight (H4 bulb) conversion with a relay harness.  Nothing fancy or quite so radical as the above.  I do want to get a pair of LED combination spot and flood lights mounted on the bumper here soon, and I would love some type of bed lighting.  Still brainstorming on that one.

I did IPF H4 housings with vvme HID bulb and ballast as a trial. Ended up liking it so much the set up is still in my truck. This is far from fancy but works great. More light with absolutely no hot spots and it removes the power load from the switch. I like a lot of light, not a lot of lights ;)

Man those things are bright! I have been looking at those as well. That may have sold me on em

WOW! All I'm gonna say.

But are those legal? Bcs thats too bright omg, if they are def getting a pair.

I would have liked to have seen what the low beam glare was like on those LED housings.  I am definitely interested, but not if they are going to blind the crap out of oncoming traffic.

Also, from the reviews I have read on a few sites, a lot of people say they lack range.  I like having strong distance lighting more than tons of up close light, especially in the winter with snow on the ground, or even rain.  

Also, from the reviews I have read on a few sites, a lot of people say they lack range. I like having strong distance lighting more than tons of up close light, especially in the winter with snow on the ground, or even rain.

This is typical for any LED without a good projection system. A ton of light real close, but it depletes quickly. I'd love to get some JW Speaker LED headlamps for my truck, but holy cow they are expensive.

Also, from the reviews I have read on a few sites, a lot of people say they lack range. I like having strong distance lighting more than tons of up close light, especially in the winter with snow on the ground, or even rain.

This is typical for any LED without a good projection system. A ton of light real close, but it depletes quickly. I'd love to get some JW Speaker LED headlamps for my truck, but holy cow they are expensive.

I've wanted the Trucklite headlights since they came out, but at $180 each, a bit too rich for my blood.

Anything else other then headlights guys? Just looking to spread cool/useful lighting tech

Nothing to report at this moment unfortunately.  Once I get a Fey bumper ordered for the rear I have a plan to improve my reverse lighting situation by flush mounting a pair of these in the bumper http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AXP65Y6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=AIBUGCLTNYU69.

If not those lights, then the more square shaped ones.

Then my plan was to create an overly complex switch circuit that would have them tied to the reverse lights.  This way I can actually SEE when I back up in dark areas.  As far as the switch, I want to be able to kill the power to them so they don't have to always function, and then another switch function to have them on independently to function as sort of a rear work light.   That wiring should be a joy to figure out.

ive done a headlight relay harness. and converted to XJW header. the headlight harness is probably the single best light upgrade you could doIMO.

I like that headlight setup you have. I am new to Comanches but is that the xjw conversion you were referring too?