1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here was the accident I was in in the Jeep back in July, the area I live in was flooded and the road collapsed under a train trussel I was unaware of. The department of transportation in my state had cleared all roads safe to drive in that area! Long story short it flipped and I had to jump out mid flip Not a fun day! Here are the results:

517d1242787858841b5cdfcda2ca6813.jpg
dcc0a2b893d8ed3f8b96982da012acdd.jpg
e509f8198df832266a49768fcab476ae.jpg
87e9a63ef0e77b1497aa22d1f92b40c8.jpg
cf9200d26affd9b12fbd9a0461fd01c7.jpg

I think the Cosmetic Rollbar Coated with Line- X saved the back side of the cab and the rear window! I’m waiting for more Jeep funds to get the body work redone!

Advice to fix a Waterlogged 4.0L

After the accident I drained all of the fluids from everything that could hold fluid and filled them with Diesel, including taking the plugs out and filling the cylinders with diesel. Differentials I filled with 10/30.

After being pissed off for a month, I drained all of the diesel and put the proper fluids back in (including differentials)

The Jeep started right up with new plugs, the only thing that needed replaced was the throttle positioning sensor.

Random things stop working daily, mostly electrical. I’m recently having a fuel cut out problem and the CEL came on.

I’m sure I will continue to have issues until everything gets slowly replaced!

Sorry for the long post, I haven’t been on here in some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holy crap!  :eek:  the roads were all fine, except for that truck-swallowing pothole full of water.  ya know, except for that one little thing. 

yeah, so I would need the Dept of Transportation to buy me a new Comanche...  :fistshake2:

• 1 month later...

where are you?  I gotta imagine that would normally be crushed with the truck at a junkyard so I gotta imagine you just need to find the nearest MJ in a yard and the roof will be yours. :D 

holy crap that thing is clean!!  seems almost wrong to call it a donor.  

but some must die so that others can live. :L: 

Agreed! I’d sacrifice a Mclaren for this bad boy though it’s to sentimental!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

not yet.  buy the longest sawzall blade you can and cut up high above the body line.  then cut the floors inside of the door plane.  be mindful of underneath, as there are some braces that you might want to avoid.  or at least want to be aware of so that you don't bind up the blade.  a 10 or 12" blade makes quick work of it.  a standard 6" blade will leave you frustrated and needing more blades.

784f43d04ae1438b504db4382b86a5d4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Pete M changed the title to 1986 2.8L to Turbo 3.4L to turbo 4.0L to 4.6 Turbo Stroker MJ....