my wife has finally seen the light

mjeff87

For those that don't know the history of me and my MJ, long story short is that my wife really doesn't like it. Tolerates it is a more fitting description.

BUT.....

Last night after dinner, she says the new shoes I put on look really nice, and she said "you really need to finish lifting the front and get rid of that dumb looking rake it has. It's really noticeable now, with the AT's on"

verbatim, I swear jamminz.gif

I was speechless......

Jeff

I don't have a wife. my ex hated it cause i spent more of "her" (meaning i earned it) $$$ on it than on her. my mom thinks it's nice but really doesn't want to hear about it or see it, and the new chica i'm sorta seeing likes it but idk if she will like offroading yet....

girls take all the fun out of everything...

hahaha..

my girlfriend tolerates my jeep as well ive taken her wheeling she was a little scared but atleast she goes with me.

if we have to go to girly shoe stores and other stuff with them they should buckle up in our jeeps without protest haha

OK, they take the fun out of MOST everything. they're good for other stuff :D

i hate going to shoe stores...i've had my shoes for 5 years and will keep wearing them until they fall completely apart.

lingerie stores are good tho, and swim suit stores :D

My wifey hates my hobby cause she sees how much time and money I spend on it. If I am not wrenching, I am researching, or looking at catalogs, tools. Pretty much my life revolves around work, wrenching, and wheeling... mostly wrenching and wheeling as of late though :cry:

my wife has finally given in.

After the 8.8 swap I don't have a locker in the rear.

the other day she says

"I think you need to order a locker, I felt more comfortable in the Jeep when it had a locker"

$#!&, I didn't need any more encouragement than that.

My wife may be given in as well, just the other day out of the blue she told me to go get my axle and get the truck built. I too was blown away and needed no more encouragement.

Must be something in the water? OR.... my other theory is: She didnt want to see me spend a lot of money on it, so it just kind of has been sitting... well she has been around me lately when people have asked how the truck is coming and I say as sad as I can, "It kinda just sits there, no money and time." I think I said it twice and a few days later, she is almost ordering me to go work on the jeep and buy stuff for it.... That is far fetched but whatever... I am getting parts and work done, finally!

I'm thinking it's just that, finally, my MJ is looking a bit less like a big pile of @$$, and she's a little more willing to be seen in it, or have the neighbors see it sitting in the driveway...... :chillin:

To break it down, she's "big city", and I'm "big country". It's a yin-yang kinda thing. Whatever it is, it works for us jamminz.gif

Jeff

I feel really, really lucky. Sort of.....

My wife and kids all love Jeepin. She doesn't b*@$£ about wrenchin time.(Usually) We have so many things going money would be limited no matter what, so there is no complaint there.

Sounds pretty rosy, huh?

One problem...

She wants her own Jeep. something SWB.

my gf loves both my rigs....she loves the MJ and is starting to come around to liking my Dodge

Image Not Found

just got done lifting it and putting new rims and tires on it....now she likes but complains it too high for her to get into....my solution...JUMP HIGHER

:D :D

but she will always prefer the MJ... :cheers:

Damn guys sounds like all of you have it rough... my girl asks me if she can help me with it... she's actaully does alot of the wiring on it.. she's an avionics engineer, but at first she didn't like the truck at all.. she started to warm up too it.. once I got it looking a bit better.. now most of the time she just grabs a pair of my old jeans and a t-shirt and raids my tool box and gets right too it.. and on top of it all... SHE DOES A GOOD JOB.

but at first she didn't like the truck at all.. she started to warm up too it.. once I got it looking a bit better..

Therin lies the rub....for me, at least...I think ;)

Damn guys sounds like all of you have it rough... my girl asks me if she can help me with it... she's actaully does alot of the wiring on it.. she's an avionics engineer, but at first she didn't like the truck at all.. she started to warm up too it.. once I got it looking a bit better.. now most of the time she just grabs a pair of my old jeans and a t-shirt and raids my tool box and gets right too it.. and on top of it all... SHE DOES A GOOD JOB.

girls+some of my old clothes=sexyyy. don't have a clue why either.

my lady hates when i talk about jeeps and all the stuff i am gonna do to it. and all the time on the interent researching and learning.

but oh well for here, she like to ride in my TJ.

on a side note she did say it needs bigger tires :brows:

My wife loves our old MJ, she says she can't wait till I've got it all fixed up and she can take it for a cruise!!

Funny thing, Thats what she said when the guy delivered it! I personally though it looked like a piece of Sh*t. The PO had painted it and painted over all the chrome, the driver side door has two tears in it from the old low profile mirror that got ripped off. It has the UGLIEST bed cap on it. and just to realy make it ugly it has those gold custom stock rims from a dodge caravan on it!

She agrees that the bed cap is ugly and must go, but insists she likes the truck over-all.

Personaly she can have the truck after I fix it, if I can have her 2001 Cherokee limited! :brows:

Now I know I'm getting old....

First, thing I thought was not letting my wife putting boob strech marks in my Jeep T-shirts.

Now I know I'm getting old....

First, thing I thought was not letting my wife putting boob strech marks in my Jeep T-shirts.

I would like to have to worry about my wife puting booby stretch marks in my shirts.