Cab insulation/ carpet

Hey all just got the floor pan replaced in the truck. I had thrown out my previous insulation and carpet because it had a horrible stench and didn't want to go through the process to save them. So I'm all ears, I'd love to hear your opinions on what route I should go for sound deadening and fighting the heat and your experiences. Lowes stuff lizard skin, dyna may whatever you can think of. Also where you would recommend getting replacement carpet! Thanks in advance.

Carpet 

http://www.accmats.com/

Have used a couple of times with great success. 

For the sound proofing opening myself to criticism but..... 

Three of my projects have used Quick Roof but I've found it is not easy to locate the non-smelly version locally anymore. 

My last batch was purchased via the internet. 

Stock interiors also sells a nice foil backed insulation. This was what my body shop guy recommended for adding sound deadening to the floor. He spoke against applying dynamat or the like on the floor but highly recommended it for the doors and back wall.

Stock interiors also sells a nice foil backed insulation. This was what my body shop guy recommended for adding sound deadening to the floor. He spoke against applying dynamat or the like on the floor but highly recommended it for the doors and back wall.

is the foil back the similar to this stuff? http://www.eastwood.com/ew-thermocoustic-barrier-w-application-roller.html I personally don't know anyone who has used it but from the reviews ive read it sounds like it works fairly well. Does anyone  have a picture of their carpet installed for stock interiors?

I completely lined the complete interior of my comanche w/ dynamat like copy (rattle trap, off of ebay) -  its sticky $#!& so it takes a bit of care to get it installed properly - it helps a lot on the floor, doors and the roof, makes it less hot and does deaden the noise to a degree (the windows now let the noise in -  not much i can do about that). stinks like tar a bit so took about 3 weeks or so to air it out afterwards

i have done it to both of my rides (jeep, mazda)

i also replaced the carpet in the comanche -  that was a pain in the @$$ as all the replacement carpets now apparently come really from one manufacture (ACC?) and they don't fit that great - requiring a lot of massaging and cutting to gut them to be acceptable - mines OK now but never got it to look right behind the seat

is the foil back the similar to this stuff? http://www.eastwood.com/ew-thermocoustic-barrier-w-application-roller.html I personally don't know anyone who has used it but from the reviews ive read it sounds like it works fairly well. Does anyone have a picture of their carpet installed for stock interiors?

Not quite. The Eastwood link seems like another variation of dynamat.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/HeatSound.asp?Itemid=4783

My body shop recommended something that doesn't stick to the floor so you can clean, drain, dry, etc since these trucks will always end up letting water in. He also recommend a water barrier, like the foil, incase of spilled drinks or snow melting off boots that may get past the carpet. I can't speak to how well the product works as my truck is far from finished, but it is what was recommended to me by someone with a whole lot more experience.

Just remember more protection that you put on that new floor pan and in your old floor make sure it's painted well and seam sealed and undercoating whatever you do otherwise you'll be back in you'll be back in the same boat having to remove the carpet in fixing the floor pan again. Good luck

I have been thinking heavily on using both the lizard skins and then adding the Lowes freeze king stuff the a lot of people seem to say yield great results. That and the lizard skin I'm sure ill be satisfied.. its just that lizard skin costs an arm an a leg for a gallon which may be just enough I believe it said it covers about 20 square feet? not sure for how many coats. will do more research an post my final decisions here and on my build thread.

How does the lizard skin work as far as keeping sound levels down? I've heard some reports going both ways. Looking to sound deaden the crap out of my truck in the near future and still looking at lots of different options.

How does the lizard skin work as far as keeping sound levels down? I've heard some reports going both ways. Looking to sound deaden the crap out of my truck in the near future and still looking at lots of different options.

I think it works well . I did away with all the jute padding (sponge) but I still have the carpet in and it's quiet inside . I wouldn't use it if you plan on not running carpet , it's not as scuff resistant as bed liner IMO . It sprays well and overspray cleans up easily with soap and water .