WTB - One VERY LARGE buffing wheel.

Well, the docotor put me on some 'great' meds to try and fix a chronic sinus infection. So this entire week seems to be pretty pathetic.

Basically, in the last two days I managed to determine that the HEI distributor I had lying around was only good for a core. It has some sort of problem, in that when it spins, well it really doesn't spin actually. So yeah, that's a problem.

I'm just going to buy a whole new unit, if I can. New as in it comes in a box and has a warantee. Might be a little more reliable that way. I hope.

I cut my hood again. I think it looks sweet. Maybe I'll bend some tube this weekend, if I'm not feeling so lousy.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but ford made them. Ford parts = crap.

I have a new unit on order. It's too bad mallory doesn't make a 250 I6 unit, because they were on sale to be the same price as the stocker. Ohwell. It's just gotta make a spark at the right time. Ignition systems are so over-rated.

Pics.

Hood clearance is rather tight...

Image Not Found

I might have to cut it up major to fit an air filter. Or just not run one...

Throttle rigging...

Image Not Found

I screwed it up and the cable is going to chafe a bit. But I'll fit it when I have a chance to get a 'new' cable from the boneyard.

Got the HEI on.

Image Not Found

Not crazy about the plug wires... But it'll work. I'll get some other ones if I have to.

Started messing with the rad hoses.

Image Not Found

Hmm. Keep my feet warm.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I'll run some sort of hard pipe from here to the back of the cab. Dunno what. I'd rather use plastic because it'll weigh less and be less likely to burn the $#!& out of me.

And apparently I gave away my old lower rad hose... Might need it. Since the outlet/inlet sizes on the block don't match the rad. Or I'll get a reducer for the bottom hose or something. Got the top figured out at least.

Still haven't bent any tube. But I did polish up that die that somebody left in the rain.

I can't take the credit for this, I had a friend help me. It's his bender and he knows how to use it! But there was still a bunch of 'umm, hmm, let's just give'r and hope for the best!" which is a good attitude with DOM.

Pics suck.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I like the grille hoop. I think I'm going to run a YJ style grille actually :brows:

We got that side hoop pretty tight. Just gotta do the other one and the hard/weird stuff is done.

Then it's just making fairly plain peices, and figuring out how to weld it. That might be hard.

I'm so in debt now... Well, not really. But I'm not living cheap.

I picked up a millermatic 180 today. Since the american dollar has gone to all hell, it was cheap. That's my justification at least. Now I'm going to go play with it, methinks.

Well, I welded on some attachment points for the front hoop. I wasn't too proud... But it'll be okay, I've got it dialed in now. I tacked the front hoop in too, only to find out the one side needs to be kicked in about 2* more. I hate the pointer on JD2s.

Once I actually weld something I'll take some pics... Just because I'm a lady of the night.

How it is looking so far...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The light is bad... And I need to clean up a bunch of that junk. And there's a gap in it I don't like, I'll see if I can get some more stuff tacked up and get it outside to show ya'll what I mean.

I'm going to have to play with the back X, it's kinda odd. And the windshield bar setup. Dunno exactly what to do with it, I want to run wipers but I'm having trouble getting it all to fit. I'm going to look at some other rigs and see...

I kinda seen that one coming. I should've specified myself better. What I had meant was knock the rear glass out, weld the X, and then put a piece of plexiglass in there, and silicone it closed so there's no air leaks. That might work out for ya?

So, here's the top triangle... Was a bish to get those in like that.

Image Not Found

Windshield wiper/hood problem. The standard solution is to bend a bar way up so that everything clears. But that looks like $#!&. Really

Image Not Found

I think I'm going to get some hardware store hinges and change how the hood opens so that there isn't as much of a clearance issue, then run the bar in front of the wiper crap. Or I'll get pissed off and not run wipers (I already took the guts out).

Got my front crap together, mostly. I'll have to try out my fenders. I have to do the other coil tower tie-in too. And I wasn't very impressed with my notching on this part. But it'll work.

Image Not Found

And that gap between the hood and tube looks like $#!& on that angle.

I might run some FB down the side of the hood to clean that up... Or not.

Hopefully my propane guy will be back from vaction tomorrow and I can get the rest of my fuel system stuff and get it wired and move-able soon. I need some breathers for my PCV system, and an air filter too... Ugh.

Oh, and I think I figured out the rear X. I can take it out and weld it, then put it back in. Yeah, why didn't I think of that before? Because I wasn't thinking. Now I just have to cut down the peices to get it to fit.

As an update on my stand still....

I'm really frusterated. It seems just the simple act of buying parts is impossible.

1/4NPT to 3/8 SAE fitting? No can do. Nobody stocks those.

1.25" exhaust tubing? Nope, doesn't exist.

And I need to buy new gauges... I tried to re-use the stockers, but I'd need to build a highly complicated housing. I'd love to buy el-cheapos, but apparently they don't sell them in electric versions. I hate mechanical gauges. The avaliable electric gauges are, IMHO, overpriced. A water temp gauge is going to cost me over $100. Really sweet.

And I'm stuck buying a bunch of water hose at about $7/foot.

What a PITA.