• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cut apart 3 driveshafts to make one. Tried to bolt it up but the angle was just too rediculous so I had to cut apart the rear upper links and extend them 4.5". Now my whole rear is at a rediculous angle but the driveshaft angles are looking pretty good. Fabbed up a trans tunnel,punted the seat, finished the coolant lines, almost got the brake lines done, fabbed up the crossover steering bar and began mounting the hydro ram

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

images hosting

My buddy works at a forklift parts depot and hooked me up with a steering orbital. I fabbed up a steering column and threw it in yesterday. Still have to mount the Steering wheel. Gauges are in and being wired. It's going to be a photo finish but it could possibly move under its own power by Friday

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

upload a gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. But she is driving!!!the orbital I had originally used was a 5 port which is no good for this application. I picked up a 4 port trail gear orbital from eBay for about $400 with shipping and now I can turn it with 1 finger!

image.jpg

upload img

I drove it around town and it was terrifying. The franken-driveshaft I made was neither straight nor round. I tried to move it in my yard the next day and sheared the bolts for the straps on the t-case yoke. So it was time to lower her. I steered away from a mud truck/crawler crossover and I'm going full crawler. I picked up some brand spankin new 38 tsl's on hummer rims with new centers, beadlocks and pvc inserts from Massachusetts. Then I remounted the rear shocks top and bottom. Tomorrow I will remount the front. Gotta say I'm loving this new look and I can't wait until she's trail worthy and I can take her to Rausch creek

image.jpg

free photo upload

I think it's awesome that you're building Hammerheads' truck from Playstation's Twisted Metal. When are you going to mount the flamethrowers on the hood?

Hammerhead_Head_On.jpg

To follow the 'madness' theme of this build; I think a giant water cannon with a 100 gallon reservoir in the bed would be awesome for one of those mud bog resorts. Driving around shooting people with water, hilarious. 

I do love this build and enjoyed reading how you made so much progress so quickly. I was looking forward to see it drive over K-cars and the previously mentioned flame throwers. I struggle with the simplest of tasks compared to what you get done in a weekend.