Gas Prices?

JohnQ

3.43, but we don't have self-serve. We only have full service stations!!!

So it's not too bad. MJ gets 24 mpg in the city and 22 mpg highway.

uh...check the math there, that makes no sense :nuts: higher city mileage than highway?

3 spd auto puts the motor at 4000+ RPMs on the highway, so yeah, better in the city.

3.05 at costco in Salt Lake. They have ran out on Premium which kind of makes the Unleaded pumps run weird so it is kind of pain to get gas there. I can't drive my beloved TJ so my wife gets to have all the fun and I have to drive her ford focus much better because I travel more. The TJ just gets drove and parked.

1.08/L on the reserve just outside of town.

thank the arsehairs of a moose that my MJ can do the trip to my girlfriends house (80km one way) on 2/5th a tank

the fact I also removed about a ton of rocks, mud and general crap from in and under the bed may make my mileage better, but I converted a cold-frame for plants into a handy-dandy holder for my spare oil and tools and fishing gear so that may do something. Who knows.

bedcover will help gas mileage too

How much will it help on a MJ? Out of all the trucks I have had only had 2 that a bedcover or no tailgate ever helped. Did nothing for my Dakota but was good for about 3mpg on the Ram :nuts:

Charles

no clue man.

and btw, they've done tests on a 7' bed/truck in a wind tunnel and proven that gas mileage is better with the tailgate up.

that's cause of the whirling air creating a "sheet" of air that continuously rolls around in the bed, blocking off new air from catching on your tailgate.

mind you, that theory is out the door if you have ANYTHING in your bed (toolbox, old boot, etc).

I'd say 1 mpg or so with a manche...

$3.09 for Regular down south in Louisiana. Understand that we live right on the Mississippi River, close to several Refineries that make the stuff.

so in light of a fire accident, you're the first to go BOOM!!!!! :headpop: :headpop:

hehe, j/k.